DVDFab5230 & Vista 64 bit

First time Poster so please bear with me.

I have DVD Fab that I purchased 1/09 version 5.2.3. I have had built a new desktop and for some reason I decided to go with VISTA 64 bit Business edition (not sure if this was wise or not). I loaded the above version of DVDFab last night and re-booted as instructed. When it came back up Vista was looking for a driver for new hardware “pcouffin device”. During the install DVDFab had an option something to do with and ISO, I left this block unchecked as I also have Nero 9 loaded and it is handling the ISO files nicely. I un-installed DVDFab and the system has not mentioned the “pcouffin device” since, I assume (which is dangerous) that something in DVDfab was not happy. What will if anything remedy this?
I attempted to search the archives but nothing really jumped out as a solution, but it appears I am not the first one with the issue.
Thanks in advance.
CIL

Since this is entirely a DVDFab problem, I’m going to move your thread to the DVDFab subforum. You should get more informed answers there.

[QUOTE=cil;2415319]First time Poster so please bear with me.

I have DVD Fab that I purchased 1/09 version 5.2.3. I have had built a new desktop and for some reason I decided to go with VISTA 64 bit Business edition (not sure if this was wise or not). I loaded the above version of DVDFab last night and re-booted as instructed. When it came back up Vista was looking for a driver for new hardware “pcouffin device”. During the install DVDFab had an option something to do with and ISO, I left this block unchecked as I also have Nero 9 loaded and it is handling the ISO files nicely. I un-installed DVDFab and the system has not mentioned the “pcouffin device” since, I assume (which is dangerous) that something in DVDfab was not happy. What will if anything remedy this?
I attempted to search the archives but nothing really jumped out as a solution, but it appears I am not the first one with the issue.
Thanks in advance.
CIL[/QUOTE]

Since you installed the Business version of Vista, there is no solution I am aware of.

The O/S has been specifically written to not run the sort of thing you are trying to run.

Had you selected [B]ANY[/B] other version of Vista, we could have helped.

Sorry.

OC

:slight_smile:

Thanks OC,
I need to get some more OS software to replace this. Think I will go back to NewEgg and look for something with free upgrade to Windows 7 any recommendations?
The system specs below:
Intel Core 2 duo cpu E7600 @3.06 Ghz
8GB Ram
Motherboard Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
thanks again and in advance of this question…
cil

[QUOTE=cil;2415384]Thanks OC,
I need to get some more OS software to replace this. Think I will go back to NewEgg and look for something with free upgrade to Windows 7 any recommendations?
The system specs below:
Intel Core 2 duo cpu E7600 @3.06 Ghz
8GB Ram
Motherboard Gigabyte EP45-UD3R
thanks again and in advance of this question…
cil[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure about the free upgrade part to Windoz 7, but if you’re looking for an O/S that gives you the least grief, I’d go with XP Pro.

You can check out the free upgrade part on the MS site… they should have lots of info there, especially if you don’t want to go with XP…

OC

:slight_smile:

Free Windows 7 upgrade from participating manufacturers:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/buy/offers/upgrade.aspx

I got my HP laptop from Costco - free upgrade and free shipping when it’s available.

I sent an email to DVDFab support and they provided another key for 64 bit and the program works fine. Thanks to all and to DVDFab.

cil