DVDFab5 - How do I start a recording at a specific point?

vbimport

I’m really sorry if this is posted in the wrong place! I’m not familiar with how to ask a DVDFab software question in the proper forum. I’ll try posting it here and hopefully, someone will tell me what I did wrong and/or what I should have done. :bow:

I’m a new DVDFab5 Platinum user and don’t know much about DVD recording. I don’t understand a lot of what I’ve read on the forums but I’ve been reading and trying to pick up info from the context. Before I retired, I did mainframe and PC support for a Fortune 500 company, so I have some knowledge of computers. DVDs weren’t part of my reality back then. LOL

I’ve searched & searched the forum but can’t seem to find an answer to my question: How to start a recording at a specific point, i.e., I recorded a program onto a DVD, then copied it to my hard drive. It has 25 chapters. By trial and error, I found that where I want to start is a few minutes into Chapter 6.

Is there any way I can tell DVDFab to start at X-minutes into the recording? (I want to eliminate chapters 1-5 and some of chapter 6.)

Thank you for any help or guidance anyone can provide.

Regards, Susan (a VERY DVD newbie!)

System: Vista Home Premium with a DVD burner that uses single-layer discs.

I think you can do it in the customize mode but not sure, perhaps a MOD will move this to the DVDFAB Forum for you where I am sure that someone will be able to help you out