DvdFab Write settings

vbimport

In the Write setting which are the better settings, Sao or Packet Writing and 4472 or 4300?
T.I.A.

Both SAO and packet should work for most ppl. In our experience, folks that have had problems with -R media and are using packet, [B]often[/B], but not always, experince no problems when switching to SAO or to +R media. (I’m not suggesting that +R is better and that everyone should somehow prefer -R).
Having said this, my preference is SAO, but I’ve use both successfully and see no difference in quality, time, etc., etc.

Assuming good quality blank media, most of the regular users (I mean the frequent flyers here on cdf) have target sizes of 4460-4472 MB and have no problem. Things always can get a little hairy when burning out toward the edge of the disc…dye uniformity becomes more inconsistent, wobble increases…laser focus can become problematic…yada, yada, yada.

With TY and verb media, you shouldn’t have a problem…:wink:

[QUOTE=maineman;2042937]Both SAO and packet should work for most ppl. In our experience, folks that have had problems with -R media and are using packet, [B]often[/B], but not always, experince no problems when switching to SAO or to +R media. (I’m not suggesting that +R is better and that everyone should somehow prefer -R).
Having said this, my preference is SAO, but I’ve use both successfully and see no difference in quality, time, etc., etc.

Assuming good quality blank media, most of the regular users (I mean the frequent flyers here on cdf) have target sizes of 4460-4472 MB and have no problem. Things always can get a little hairy when burning out toward the edge of the disc…dye uniformity becomes more inconsistent, wobble increases…laser focus can become problematic…yada, yada, yada.

With TY and verb media, you shouldn’t have a problem…;)[/QUOTE]
Thanks , helpful.

How should I know if I should use vob or nero?
for dvdfabplat. newest version full disc
And how should I know what settings my speed should be?

[QUOTE=ray5640;2042963]How should I know if I should use vob or nero?
for dvdfabplat. newest version full disc
And how should I know what settings my speed should be?[/QUOTE]

Personelly, I use IMGBurn. As far as the write speed, usually you get your best burns using either 8x or 12x . Or go half of the rated max. burn speed of your DVD-RW. Hope this helps. Happy burning. ~ Mike

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2042959]Thanks , helpful.[/QUOTE]

Glad we could help.