DVDfab wont start on Vista

vbimport

I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 with vista. I downloaded the trial version of DVDfab platinum and it worked great. When the trial period end i purchased a copy and when I added the key it would not open and i kept getting this error message “DVDFab - The ultimate DVD copying/converting/burning software has stopped working” I tried reinstalling but that didnt work. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it. I really like the program and would like to get it to work. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

[QUOTE=birdiemachine22;1995801]I have a HP Pavilion dv6000 with vista. I downloaded the trial version of DVDfab platinum and it worked great. When the trial period end i purchased a copy and when I added the key it would not open and i kept getting this error message “DVDFab - The ultimate DVD copying/converting/burning software has stopped working” I tried reinstalling but that didnt work. Has anyone else had this problem? If so how did you fix it. I really like the program and would like to get it to work. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You[/QUOTE]

Below in my signature is a link on how to do a “Clean uninstall of DVDFab Platinum or Gold on Vista” try those steps and do not forget to do a registry clean up after the uninstall then reinstall
let us know the resualts

I tried reinstalling after doing the clean uninstall. Still no sucess.

[QUOTE=birdiemachine22;2003860]I tried reinstalling after doing the clean uninstall. Still no sucess.[/QUOTE]

sounds like there is a setting on your system that needs to be changed, since we are talking about an HP rig you most likely are running Vista Home Premium

It worked just fine for me. They only difference is that I didn’t let my key expire. I have an HP Media Center 8000n running Vista Home Premium.

Are you still getting the same error from DVDFab? It sounds like it might be a registry issue.

• Shootz