DVDFab wont read DVD

vbimport

Hi,

I am a registered user of DVDFab 7 however it has stopped reading DVD’s. When I use a real physical DVD or an ISO file it just says opening DVD Source and sits there for ages. I have tried switching path player off, and also tried uninstalled it, flushed folders and registry keys and then reinstalled to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get it to work.

OS is Win 7 Ultimate x64 with 4GB RAM.

Cheers,

John

Try the new update at the top of this forum and give that a shot and if that doesn’t work please post all error codes and any other useful information

Hi Jimbo,

I have already tried it to no avail.

System is a HP 6715b laptop (4 GB RAM, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, AMD Turion 62 x2 (2 GHz),

John

Will the DVD play in the drive you are trying to use? Did you check into the lower and upper filter problem?

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Hi Beans55,

The DVD plays fine on laptop, both in Media Center, WMP and TMT 3

Filters are fine, I checked the link you suggested but all filters are ok.

John

Is this just a certain DVD or all DVD’s ? If certain dvd can you tell us what is the title?

Every DVD does it either physical, ISO or folder structure.

As I said, it used to work when I first upgraded from 6 to 7 then stopped.

John

Hi WeeHappyPixie

Since the DVDs play in the drive it is not a drive issue,when you say it does this even when you select an ISO image file that sounds like a wrong I/O setting…

Please go into common settings and click on “Read” located on the left side and tell us what you have for the I/O mode, also while your in common settings click on “General” also on the left side and click on “Reset DMA” which will be on the mid-lower right side and try opening a DVD or ISO file.

Oh and don’t forget to tell us what the I/O mode setting is…

[B]SJ[/B]

HI SJ,

I tried the Reset DMA option and also changed the IO mode. It was set to Auto and I changed it to ASPI but the program kept crashing afterwards so I exported the registry keys then deleted them to reset the settings. I tried opening the ISO again and again it just sits there with the bar mobing up saing Opening DVD Source.

The other IO option SPTI makes does not crash the program but wont open the DVD.

It’s driving me nuts :confused: as I have no idea what is causing this.

John

John

Can you tell us the title of this DVD? Is this a new Title ?
Did you check to make sure your bought copy of DVDFab says it is Enabled or Never Expires.

[QUOTE=WeeHappyPixie;2523177]HI SJ,

I tried the Reset DMA option and also changed the IO mode. It was set to Auto and I changed it to ASPI but the program kept crashing afterwards so I exported the registry keys then deleted them to reset the settings. I tried opening the ISO again and again it just sits there with the bar mobing up saing Opening DVD Source.

The other IO option SPTI makes does not crash the program but wont open the DVD.

It’s driving me nuts :confused: as I have no idea what is causing this.

John[/QUOTE]

The I/O mode should be on “Auto”, now as for the ISO file with DVDFab open which button do you click on next to the source ? the folder or the one next to it tha is a file icon with a disc on it ?

also what program did you use to create the ISO image file ? and does this ISO play on your system ?

I am using a fully licensed version. The ISO I am clicking on the little white icon with the blue disc.

I am an IT admin and have used DVDFab for years. The problems only started several weeks ago.

The disks I have tried are 24, Die Hard 3, Chipmunks 2 (for the kids honestly :rolleyes:) and Avatar.

Somethings not right and its buggin me. I have stopped all security services like AV, anti malware ect. I have full admin rights. No other programs running yet it will not open a DVD.

If I install in into XP Mode (virtual PC) it works so it is something on my Windows 7 64 system, I just cant find it.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions so far.

John

Several weeks ago
Completely stopped or gradually stopped working?

Do you remember loading any other software around that time? Was there a MS update around then.

Have you uninstalled the Drive itself, and rebooted then re-install the drive ?

Just throwing things out there, I have had no problem with my Win 7 Ult 64 bit system yet but it is a home built tower setup not a lappy.

Hi Bean,

I have tried uninstalling the drive. I have also tried installing a virtual drive and mounting the ISO and it plays in my DVD software but when I load DVDFab it just sits there saying Opening. The DVD Drive (Physical) goes mental trying to read the disc :a.

I have had several Windaes updates in the past few weeks. DVDFab works on my Desktop so it’s defy something on ma lappy.

If I find it I will post it here so others who may have this can cure it.

John

Did you right click the DVDFab icon and give it Admin rights ? Under compatibility setting?

[QUOTE=WeeHappyPixie;2523225]I am using a fully licensed version. The ISO I am clicking on the little white icon with the blue disc.

I am an IT admin and have used DVDFab for years. The problems only started several weeks ago.

The disks I have tried are 24, Die Hard 3, Chipmunks 2 (for the kids honestly :rolleyes:) and Avatar.

Somethings not right and its buggin me. I have stopped all security services like AV, anti malware ect. I have full admin rights. No other programs running yet it will not open a DVD.

If I install in into XP Mode (virtual PC) it works so it is something on my Windows 7 64 system, I just cant find it.

Thanks guys for all your suggestions so far.

John[/QUOTE]

Hi John

I’m not questioning you on your registration, I was more concerned on whether the ISO has became corrupt which has been known to happen…

If the ISO image file is not corrupt then there is a problem with the program, please try and open the ISO using DVD Shrink to see if it can open the ISO file…

As for the DVD titles you have posted DVDFab has no trouble with then, however there can be a few reasons for this trouble either the drive has or is going bad or the registration has been placed on the black list which can be caused from the reg key is being used on to many computers at the same time…

But it has been known for the program itself to get corrupt , I suggest you try doing a “Clean uninstall” using the guide below in my signature(use the one that pertains to your operating system (Note) Vista and Win 7 is the same gude, after the uninstall re-install and re-register the products.

BTW…I deleted the img in your post.

[B]SJ[/B]

Cheers SJ,

I admit I have it installed on two machine, Lappy and Desktop but I never ever run them at the same time. Desktop is only used when I wanna rip or watch a BluRay as it has a BluRay burner in it. I tend to use the lappy the most as I travel a lot.

I will try your guide and do another clean install and report back and as for me piccy it is OK, I was just showing that I had a registered version and the button I use to open the ISO.

The ISO files I have open fine with Shrink and any other program like TMT3.

Right off too try a clean install then off to bed as me eyes are going square looking at this thing all day :rolleyes::eek:

John

Have a good night John and hopefully all turns out well.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

FIXED IT.

Found a service called FLEXnet running. Dunno where it came from but when I stopped it my DVDFab works.

Will do some more investigation tomorrow but I would like to take this time to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who helped. I have never met a more helpfull bunch of guys in all the years I’ve been on forums. Thanks guys :bow:

John.

OK, now show me the way to my bed…:slight_smile:

Hawaii ISP Provider

Is this the dsl provider you use?