DVDFab won't read all chapters

vbimport

I am trying to merge a soccer game recorded onto two DVDs into one single DVD-R DL. The first DVD has two chapters (first half and second half of the game), but when trying to merge, DVDFab will only read the first chapter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do both chapters show up on the first Merge screen, as Title 1 and Title 2 with the proper time duration?

No, that’s the problem. The first merge screen only shows Title 1 with proper duration, but no Title 2 :frowning:

Are they present when you click on the NEXT button?

If you was to select “Main Movie” mode does DVDFab see both title1 and title2 ?
or customize mode

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2142810]Are they present when you click on the NEXT button?[/QUOTE]

No, they are not present when I hit the NEXT Button. Just title 1 is present.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2142811]If you was to select “Main Movie” mode does DVDFab see both title1 and title2 ?
or customize mode[/QUOTE]

No, it just sees Title 1 in both Main Movie and Customize. I also already tried copying the full disc to a Video_TS folder, and it only copies Title 1 :confused:

Update: I already tried copying the disc to the VIDEO-TS folder, to merge using the folder as origin. Even though all files (for both titles) are present in the folder, DVDFab only sees Title 1. Do you think that maybe if I rename the files it will see both titles? If so, how should I rename them?

Well my friend to be honest with you what I would do is to open the disc using IsoBuster and see if it sees everything and if it does I would extract all files to the HDD…it could be that there are bad sectors between title 1 and title 2 which mean the program or maybe the drive is unable or has trouble reading pass those bad sectors, not saying this will work BUT that is the next step I would try.

Please list or do a screen capture of windows explorer showing all the files in the VIDEO_TS folder. Also, let DVDFab analyze(open) the disc, then click on the green checkmark to access the Info screen; highlight all the text in the window and paste it into a post.

Hi Paul
To tell you the truth I’m a little confused myself the title of this thread states “DVDFab won’t [B]read all chapters[/B]” but violoncelliste is talking about a whole [B]title[/B] :confused:

Yeah, I wondered about that too. :iagree: We need more info on the original DVD. Violoncelliste may just need to click on the Send IFO button and see if the Boys in Beijing can sort this out. Turning off PathPlayer and using Clone might work if some of the content is unreferenced.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2142928]Hi Paul
To tell you the truth I’m a little confused myself the title of this thread states “DVDFab won’t [B]read all chapters[/B]” but violoncelliste is talking about a whole [B]title[/B] :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hi! I’m sorry about the confusion… I’m from Mexico and I have the Spanish version of DVDFab. Actually, it’s the whole title 2 that won’t show up anywhere.

[QUOTE=signals;2142908]Please list or do a screen capture of windows explorer showing all the files in the VIDEO_TS folder. Also, let DVDFab analyze(open) the disc, then click on the green checkmark to access the Info screen; highlight all the text in the window and paste it into a post.[/QUOTE]

The list of files on the disc is as follows:
VIDEO_TS.BUP
VIDEO_TS.IFO
VIDEO_TS.VOB
VTS_01_0.BUP
VTS_01_0.IFO
VTS_01_1.VOB
VTS_01_2.VOB
VTS_02_0.BUP
VTS_02_0.IFO
VTS_02_1.VOB
VTS_02_2.VOB

I can’t do the “Info screen” in DVDFab right now, because I’m importing the disc using MyDVD (which does read both titles) and it’s taking forever (12+ hours and counting), but I’ll do it as soon as it finishes. Thank you all for your replies and help!

So these files are not on your HDD?

Yes, I’ve already tried merging with the files from a VIDEO_TS folder on my HDD, and also directly from the disc. No luck either way… it won’t read the second title.

What about DVD Shrink do both titles show in DVD Shrink ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2143193]What about DVD Shrink do both titles show in DVD Shrink ?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they do show up and I was able to merge both discs using the re-author option in DVD Shrink. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

:wink: It is always our pleasure to help those who need it :smiley:
you can never have enough tools in the toolbox.

Have a nice day :flower: