DVDfab with Vista SP1

vbimport

I had to reformat my hardrive, and I updated Vista to SP1 and when I try to apply the registration file from DVDFab, it says it has to restart then a windows box comes up saying that the software stopped responding. Help?

Thats vista for you. more info needed. can you start dvdfab and is it registered to you. also did you restart your computer too. By the way welcome to the forum tbs010

now when i start dvd fab the registartion box comes up for dvdfab5 and when i try to run the file for the registration, and it says restarting, vista freaks out. of course! I have restarted several times, and when i do a system restore back to before sp1 it works fine. idk what the problem is. its version 5.0.2.5

[quote=tbs010;2084157]now when i start dvd fab the registartion box comes up for dvdfab5 and when i try to run the file for the registration, and it says restarting, vista freaks out. of course! I have restarted several times, and when i do a system restore back to before sp1 it works fine. idk what the problem is. its version 5.0.2.5[/quote] do a clean uninstall of dvdfab you can find a link on how to do it in stormjumpers signature. Just look for a post from him on the forum. after you do the clean uninstall restart your computer and redownload dvdfab and save to the computer. Same goes for you registration key resave that to your computer also. Then double click the dvdfab file and install after that you can double click on your reg key and dvdfab should restart. But after that restart your computer and hopefully it will be fixed

Also before you re-install DVDFab go to Administrator Tools >> Services, and go down the list and find “Windows Defender” double click on it to open it’s properties click on the button that “Stops” the service then in the drop down window select “Disable” and restart your system and try installing DVDFab.
Have a nice day :flower: