Dvdfab with nvidia cuda or ati stream

vbimport

I was planning on making me a new desktop and was wondering if dvdfab will ever feature one of these new technologies or both that way i would buy the a graphics board with the technology that it will adopt

I would also be interested in learning this. I have a GeForce GTX 260, so I can use this feature :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=freak19;2178798]I was planning on making me a new desktop and was wondering if dvdfab will ever feature one of these new technologies or both that way i would buy the a graphics board with the technology that it will adopt[/QUOTE]

The ATI Stream technology appears to be a combo of both hardware and software. If it is relatively easy to interface with this technology from a programming standpoint, while still allowing non-owners of the tech. to obtain good results, expect to see it included (unless it is marketed as proprietary or un-interface-able) and it is (currently, according to the ATI propaganda), just for the AMD processor, which not everyone has (and the new owners of ATI also happen to make). Which means it could be a while until Intel comes up with an equivalent… if they decide they even want to.

The NVIDIA Cuda technology, on the other hand, is a new programming language (apparently no hardware involved - at least not directly). If Fengtao and Ting want to learn it, and it proves in benchmark tests to have more than just a minor increase in speed, there are possibilities here.

But if I was either of those two, I’d wait for both the tests and some sales results to see whether it was really worth my while to invest the time and effort.

In a nutshell, IMO, don’t expect to see either soon.

O’C

:slight_smile:

Actually, there is a company doing just that- just not DVDFab.

Elemental Technologies has released a program that uses CUDA to transcode videos called Badaboom. Unfortunately, it’s basically a yearly subscription of $40 :(.

[QUOTE=bkchm91;2189584]Actually, there is a company doing just that- just not DVDFab.

Elemental Technologies has released a program that uses CUDA to transcode videos called Badaboom. Unfortunately, it’s basically a yearly subscription of $40 :(.[/QUOTE]

That’s fine… transcode is one thing, copy protection removal, as well as transcoding is another - unless E.T. is also doing both??

Not having seen the language, I’m not sure what can be done with it.

O’C

:slight_smile: