DVDFab - Wite (burning)

I have been using IMGburn to burn my final product because I have a few questions abotu DVDFab Plat.

Which burn engine is better? VSO or Nero? Also, what is SAO and packet writing and which do I choose?

Thanks.

Hi :slight_smile:
It is my understanding that
SAO : -Session at Once recording allows multiple sessions to be recorded and finalized on a single disc. The resulting disc can be read by computer drives, but sessions after the first are generally not readable by CD Audio equipment.

Packet : -Packet writing is an optical disc recording technology used to allow writeable CD and DVD media to be used in a similar manner to a floppy disk. Packet writing allows the user to access the contents of a CD-R or CD-RW disc directly through a mounted file system (Unix, Linux, Mac OS X) or drive letter (Windows). Without packet writing software, one would have to use regular CD mastering recording software to burn a whole disc.

It can depend on your DVDRW which you use.

As for ImgBurn, VSO & Nero.

My own personal experience is that Nero is the best (currently using Nero 8).
However this comes at a cost.

If you don’t already have Nero then maybe you don’t need it.

Both VSO & ImgBurn have a vast following.

The combination of DVDFab (Free) along with ImgBurn (Free) is near on unbeatable. Unless you add DVD Rebuilder (Free).
This does go that one bit better.

If you just want one click - one program then DVDFab (Gold/Platinum) along with VSO.

Between VSO & ImgBurn, I would go with ImgBurn.

All the above “FREE” s/w is so good that you should feel obligated to donate…Generously!!!

[QUOTE=zebadee;1926016]Between VSO & ImgBurn, I would go with ImgBurn.

All the above “FREE” s/w is so good that you should feel obligated to donate…Generously!!![/QUOTE]yeah i have donated to LUK. He deserves the support.

I do have a license for DVDFab Plat and many other software’s.

Thanks very much dee.

One more quick question. Does the SAO/Packet writing only apply to DVD-R?

what will happen when burning DVD+R and DVD+R DL?

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;1926169]One more quick question. Does the SAO/Packet writing only apply to DVD-R?

what will happen when burning DVD+R and DVD+R DL?[/QUOTE]no

Hi :slight_smile:
You are welcome. :iagree: :cool: