DVDFab: widescreen videos aspect ratio compressed

When I rip widescreen videos with DVDFab 6, in the ripped version the aspect ratio gets compressed horizontally so that the image is very long and narrow looking. I’ve tried playing around with the settings to fix it, but no luck so far. Would appreciate help!

What copy mode are you using, DVD to DVD or DVD to Mobile? The DVD to DVD modes should not make ANY changes to the aspect ratio. If you will list exactly what you did I will try to duplicate the problem. (Will need the name of the movie too unless it does this with all movies.

DVD to mobile - it does it for all widescreen movies, both to generic (.avi) format and to ipod format. I am running Windows Vista if that makes any difference.

[QUOTE=beccas;2310471]When I rip widescreen videos with DVDFab 6, in the ripped version the aspect ratio gets compressed horizontally so that the image is very long and narrow looking. I’ve tried playing around with the settings to fix it, but no luck so far. Would appreciate help![/QUOTE]

I have had this issue a few times mostly with older flicks(2 or 3 Clint Eastwood titles), not sure why this happens but not all the time :confused:
it has done this back in v4 1 or 2 times also at least for me anyway :frowning:

[QUOTE=beccas;2310500]DVD to mobile - it does it for all widescreen movies, both to generic (.avi) format and to ipod format. I am running Windows Vista if that makes any difference.[/QUOTE]Load the movies where this happened and look at the crop screen to see if the cropping lines (yellow) were done correctly and whether the picture looks stretched at that point in the process. You should choose a screen size (on the Conversion Settings page) that matches the cropped aspect ratio
of the original. There are a few movies (mostly 16:9 letterboxed) that sometimes are not correctly handled by the automatic crop because of the way they are authored (the IFO file says they are 4:3, but the active video part of the picture is 16:9 widescreen).