DVDFab Virtual Drive Concern

vbimport

I thought I would try the new Virtual Drive. So I downloaded and attempted to install it.

During the installation, I got a windows XP warning which was similar to a “proceed at my own risk” message. In other words, there was something about the installation which windows XP did not like and felt that completing the installation could interfere with XP.

I canceled the installation.

Any comments on this?

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2509682]I thought I would try the new Virtual Drive. So I downloaded and attempted to install it.

During the installation, I got a windows XP warning which was similar to a “proceed at my own risk” message. In other words, there was something about the installation which windows XP did not like and felt that completing the installation could interfere with XP.

I canceled the installation.

Any comments on this?[/QUOTE]

To clarify, the message I get is that software has not passed Windows Logo Testing.

I never saw this before during any installation process. I was given the option to continue with the installation at my own risk.

Does anyone know why this is happening with DVDFab Virtual Drive and if it is indeed too risky to install on a computer running Windows XP Pro SP3?

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2509706]To clarify, the message I get is that software has not passed Windows Logo Testing.

I never saw this before during any installation process. I was given the option to continue with the installation at my own risk.

Does anyone know why this is happening with DVDFab Virtual Drive and if it is indeed too risky to install on a computer running Windows XP Pro SP3?[/QUOTE]

That is something Microsoft came up with a while back, if there is a program or drivers that Microsoft has not approved to use or work with there products then you will get that message…

Even retail software that are new and works on or with the operating system you will get it because Microsoft has not had time to analyze them all, I can’t count how many software and drivers I received that warning during the install…it’s kind of like the old scar tactics to get you to use what they want you to use.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2509724]That is something Microsoft came up with a while back, if there is a program or drivers that Microsoft has not approved to use or work with there products then you will get that message…

Even retail software that are new and works on or with the operating system you will get it because Microsoft has not had time to analyze them all, I can’t count how many software and drivers I received that warning during the install…it’s kind of like the old scar tactics to get you to use what they want you to use.[/QUOTE]

StormJumper:

Thanks for letting me know your experiences on this.

But instead of taking any chances, I found another free software download which accomplishes the same thing (mounting ISO images as virtual DVD drives) and did not give any such windows warning. It is working fine with another free software I recently downloaded and installed.

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2510334]StormJumper:

Thanks for letting me know your experiences on this.

But instead of taking any chances, I found another free software download which accomplishes the same thing (mounting ISO images as virtual DVD drives) and did not give any such windows warning. It is working fine with another free software I recently downloaded and installed.[/QUOTE]

Yes that notification does make you wonder on installing something some times but you can just click install anyway, course I myself stopped the service from starting so I no longer get the pop up message :bigsmile:

BTW…I don’t use or have a Virtual Drive installed :smiley: