Dvdfab versions above 5122 will not create iso file

vbimport

after updating from DVDFab 5.1.2.2 to latest versions
program will not create iso file after copying and just
says finnished and doesnt start create iso process and
while copying it only says task 1/1 it should say task
1/2 . this is not a problem with my dvd as i am using dvds
that worked before… i have tried full uninstall and
reinstall and still i dont know what the problem is ?
i have re installed 5 1 2 2 and its working but no
newer versions will work?

are you using the free decrypter?

I have had the same problems - but 5.2.2.2 is definately working now. I backup my DVD’s to a MultiMedia player in ISO format and latest release 5.2.2.2 has no problems.

Some of the betas released after 5.1.2.2 did have a problem but Fengtao reacted to my post and he fixed it.

[QUOTE=troy512;2182802]are you using the free decrypter?[/QUOTE]

yes im using free version and it is a definate problem even with 5222 it still

hasn’t been fixed im still using 5122 as it is the only version that works.

maybe it will be fixed in a future version idk ??? :a

the problem was an oversight. it will be fixed in future release.

I registered on this forum to also complain that DVDFab 5.2.2.2 (Free Trial version) was not creating an *.ISO when using either the Full Disc or Main Movie backup options. I was leaning towards buying the software, but this seems to be quite an oversight. I did find a working link to a previous release of 5.1.2.2. which, from reading this thread, seems to have the *.ISO feature working correctly. Will check it out now.

hxxp://209.172.35.173/download/DVDFab5122.exe

due to the limitations of dvdfab internal ISO creation, dvdfab now uses external source for ISO creation, Ner0, VSO or ImgBurn. VSO is included with dvdfab purchase, Ner0 is crap and ImgBurn is free.

dvdfab decrypter is a stripped version of dvdfab platinum, Fengtao apologizes about the mistake. :slight_smile:

I’d like to update and say that version 5.1.2.2. created an *.ISO just fine.

[QUOTE=troy512;2183262]due to the limitations of dvdfab internal ISO creation, dvdfab now uses external source for ISO creation, Ner0, VSO or ImgBurn. VSO is included with dvdfab purchase, Ner0 is crap and ImgBurn is free.

dvdfab decrypter is a stripped version of dvdfab platinum, Fengtao apologizes about the mistake. :)[/QUOTE]

Does this mean future releases of DVDFab will no longer support the function to create an *.ISO image? In addition, after decrypting a DVD, I would now have to install software like ImgBurn if I wanted to take the de-encrypted DVD files and turn them into an *.ISO image?
That would be a bummer.

[QUOTE=daviddream;2182759]after updating from DVDFab 5.1.2.2 to latest versions
program will not create iso file after copying and just
says finnished and doesnt start create iso process and
while copying it only says task 1/1 it should say task
1/2 . this is not a problem with my dvd as i am using dvds
that worked before… i have tried full uninstall and
reinstall and still i dont know what the problem is ?
i have re installed 5 1 2 2 and its working but no
newer versions will work?[/QUOTE]

i recieved a reply from dvdfab

Hi, Please choose only one title of your original DVD, click on the iso icon button to choose the target.Then you will get the iso file. Then please open “my computer”–> click on “Tools” in the upper left, choose “Folder Options”, then click on the “View” tab–>Scroll down in the “Advanced Settings” area and cancle the “Hide extensions for known file types” box in it–>Click on “Apply”, then OK. Then you will find the iso file you have made with DVDFAB

it doesn’t fix my problem ? :a

[quote=daviddream;2183402]i recieved a reply from dvdfab

Hi, Please choose only one title of your original DVD, click on the iso icon button to choose the target.Then you will get the iso file. Then please open “my computer”–> click on “Tools” in the upper left, choose “Folder Options”, then click on the “View” tab–>Scroll down in the “Advanced Settings” area and cancle the “Hide extensions for known file types” box in it–>Click on “Apply”, then OK. Then you will find the iso file you have made with DVDFAB

it doesn’t fix my problem ? :a[/quote]
Yeah!!! what I don’t understand is why DVDFab is now hidding the ISO files this way, it never was this way in the past :confused:

“Hide extensions for known file types” does exactly what it says, hides extensions. the ISO file is not hidden. :confused:

dvdfab gold and dvdfab platinum work just fine using ImgBurn to build ISO file. dvdfab decrypter is broken.

[QUOTE=troy512;2183502]“Hide extensions for known file types” does exactly what it says, hides extensions. the ISO file is not hidden. :confused:

dvdfab gold and dvdfab platinum work just fine using ImgBurn to build ISO file. dvdfab decrypter is broken.[/QUOTE]

this sucks they need to fix this problem . :a

is there particular reason you need ISO and can not use Video_TS folder until this is fixed.

[QUOTE=troy512;2183652]is there particular reason you need ISO and can not use Video_TS folder until this is fixed.[/QUOTE]

yeah well i can wait its not a problem it just sucks that they totally screwed

up because i backed up movies after updating thinking they were saved as

iso and it wasn’t and i had to install a previous version and do it all again

they totally screwed me how could they miss a problem this big ? why did

they even bother putting this up for download ? :a

and i use iso files as they are easy to view with windows media center

when using virtual drive software like daemon tools :smiley:

[QUOTE=daviddream;2183659]and i use iso files as they are easy to view with windows media center

when using virtual drive software like daemon tools :D[/QUOTE]

ok

Dum question, but what is an iso file. Will an iso file play all on its own like a vob file?

What is the advantage of ripping an iso file over a vob file?

[QUOTE=DREAMLINER;2183768]Dum question, but what is an iso file. Will an iso file play all on its own like a vob file?

What is the advantage of ripping an iso file over a vob file?[/QUOTE]

an iso file is just a container for all the files that make up the movie some

people prefer iso files as they are easy to use and you can just name it

with the title of the movie and an iso file is ready to burn to dvd with

burning software :smiley:

[QUOTE=daviddream;2183958]an iso file is just a container for all the files that make up the movie some

people prefer iso files as they are easy to use and you can just name it

with the title of the movie and an iso file is ready to burn to dvd with

burning software :D[/QUOTE]

to play an iso you will need virtual drive software like daemon tools lite

and you just mount the iso to youre virtual drive and you can play it like

you would normally play a dvd its just emulating a dvd drive i think its

pretty cool :smiley:

Pretty Cool!

All that in on one file!!!
How big do these files get then on a standard DVD Movie 4 to 9GB’s?

[QUOTE=DREAMLINER;2184010]Pretty Cool!

All that in on one file!!!
How big do these files get then on a standard DVD Movie 4 to 9GB’s?[/QUOTE]

well an iso is the size of the origonal dvd mine range from about 6GB to

about 7.5GB :smiley: i have a 1TB hard drive i use to store them all on :cool: