DVDFab version 9

vbimport

Hi’
as a lifetime user of DVDFab I can no longer enjoy updates, as Version 9 requires full time connection to the internet.
This therefore means, that all users without permanent internet connection are now losing the use of DVDFab, as updates are no longer available for Version 8.
As a long time user of DVDFab, I am very disappointed with the new system and therefore feel cheated out of the original conditions of purchase.
Gummiwutz

[QUOTE=gummiwutz;2690303]Hi’
as a lifetime user of DVDFab I can no longer enjoy updates, as Version 9 requires full time connection to the internet.
This therefore means, that all users without permanent internet connection are now losing the use of DVDFab, as updates are no longer available for Version 8.
As a long time user of DVDFab, I am very disappointed with the new system and therefore feel cheated out of the original conditions of purchase.
Gummiwutz[/QUOTE]
I really can only make a guess at why this was done, I know why in the case of Bluray discs, but in other options I think it may have been because the program is so good that many people were stealing it so they decided to have it check your license before allowing you access to the tools and program. As updates for v8 no longer being available, you can also say that for V3 ,V4, V5 V6, V7. Technology moves on and to my knowledge they never charged a dime for the updates of the original options. As for having internet access, there is nothing in the EULA that says the program must have or will not be accessible to those with or without, it doesn’t state anything to do with that.
I actually feel very bad for users such as yourself that only have partial internet accessibility, I do not think that was the intention, to stop you from using your licensed program. But that is what has happened. I am sure the author thought long and hard about this. I bet it was not an easy decision either, but alas as with all good programs nowadays , they do call home. Its the way many good programs assure they will get paid for their hard work.

Hi Alan,
it doesn’t bode well for a company, which goes back on it’s sales promises. When I upgraded to DVDFab platinum, I was given to understand, it included lifetime updates. Now with V. 9 a new system, which requires a new purchase. What will happen when V. 10 comes out?
the excuse, that permanent internet connection is required to avoid illegal use of the program is a load of hog wash. There are other means, that can be incorporated into a program, to inhibit the illegal use without permanent internet.
Gummiwutz

[QUOTE=gummiwutz;2690533]Hi Alan,
it doesn’t bode well for a company, which goes back on it’s sales promises. When I upgraded to DVDFab platinum, I was given to understand, it included lifetime updates. Now with V. 9 a new system, which requires a new purchase. What will happen when V. 10 comes out?
the excuse, that permanent internet connection is required to avoid illegal use of the program is a load of hog wash. There are other means, that can be incorporated into a program, to inhibit the illegal use without permanent internet.
Gummiwutz[/QUOTE]
They didn’t charge me a dime to upgrade to V9 from V8 Ijust kept the options I paid for. As I said in my post, this is just my opinion on why they did what they did with the internet, no one told me that, it was an assumption on my part.

Version 8 has been updated, you see , they saw your dissatisfaction and did it for you.:wink: