DVDfab version 6 and Bedtime Stories

I wanted to make a backup of Bedtime Stories for the kids, decided to use DVDFab version 6.0.1.0, profile selected was Main Movie, PathPlayer enabled, but was unable to do said backup. DVDFab took over a minute to read the disc, automatically selected title 17 with a length of 1.41.05 and continually gave the “Reading/Writing Error Control” box, I eventually aborted.
Using the trusted DVDFab Platinum 5.2.5.0, with all the same settings, title 33 with a length of 1.35.12 was automatically selected and a backup was completed within minutes.
My question, Why would version 6 have a problem with this movie and not version 5?
Can anyone please shed some light on this.
Thanks

I don’t know the answer to your direct question BUT this is why I have my favorite dvdfab 3, my favorite dvdfab 4, my favorite dvd fab 5 and now dvdfab 6 ALL installed.

to be honest dvdfab 3, i seem to use the most and it will copy 95% of all the movies i do

[QUOTE=The_Dark_Side;2286413]I wanted to make a backup of Bedtime Stories for the kids, decided to use DVDFab version 6.0.1.0, profile selected was Main Movie, PathPlayer enabled, but was unable to do said backup. DVDFab took over a minute to read the disc, automatically selected title 17 with a length of 1.41.05 and continually gave the “Reading/Writing Error Control” box, I eventually aborted.
Using the trusted DVDFab Platinum 5.2.5.0, with all the same settings, title 33 with a length of 1.35.12 was automatically selected and a backup was completed within minutes.
My question, Why would version 6 have a problem with this movie and not version 5?
Can anyone please shed some light on this.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Can you spell [B]B U G[/B] ?

Hopefully, this sort of thing (as well as certain other issues with v6.0.1.0) will be addressed in the next release.

Be patient.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2286435]Hopefully, this sort of thing (as well as certain other issues with v6.0.1.0) will be addressed in the next release.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it wasn’t, I had the same problems with 6.0.2.2. had to use version 5 to back it up…which it did with absolutely no problems.

[QUOTE=davecuk;2306189]Unfortunately it wasn’t, I had the same problems with 6.0.2.2. had to use version 5 to back it up…which it did with absolutely no problems.[/QUOTE]

davecuk, I use 6.0.2.2 exclusivly for backing up DVD’s and Blu-Rays, I know a lot of people suggest changing pathplayer to disable or always enable,but I keep mine pathplayer on [ enable pathplayer when necessary ] ALWAYS and I never encounter any problems ripping or writing DVD’s and only minimal issues writing Blu-Ray, my OS is XP Pro (sp3 )so maybe for grins try enable pathplayer when necessary and see if your results change in 6.0.2.2, got nothing to lose.

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2306328]I know a lot of people suggest changing pathplayer to disable or always enable,but I keep mine pathplayer on [ enable pathplayer when necessary ] ALWAYS and I never encounter any problems ripping or writing DVD’s[/QUOTE]

It’s my usual setting also…but there is no doubt that there are a few little bugs with certain DVDs and mobile conversions in 6.0.2.2 that need to be worked through. Luckily nothing that I have not been able to work around amd perhaps some of them are machine/drive specific, not sure, but it could be a possibility?

I don’t use DVDFab for writing as I don’t think it’s great for that and I usually use DVD shrink for compression on those DVD files that don’t quite fit a DVD5, as there are more options for reducing the file size (whether backing up the main movie or the whole DVD) so that it fits a DVD5 without compression (or compression can be apportioned).

Even with the limitations and knowing it can at times be buggy…I still purchased a lifetime licence because the free version had given me many many years of good service…and I love the addition of CUDA for mobile conversions :clap:

yeah, I read that in the forums, and I don’t know if I am just lucky or what, but I have never had an issue with DVD’s, use ImgBurn for the write, under 10 mins is the norm for any disc, great… program !!!

:slight_smile:

what version 5 ! this one ( DVDFab Platinum 5.2.5.0) !

[QUOTE=Snake Plissken 2010;2306524]what version 5 ! this one ( DVDFab Platinum 5.2.5.0) ![/QUOTE]

Nah the freebie version 5.3.2.2

Just as an aside I would have bought DVD Fab nearly a year ago, but they changed the licensing and had that renewal idea with no lifetime licence :Z. When I saw the lifetime licence (with a little extra payment) was back, I signed up straight away.:cool: