Dvdfab verify

:bow: :smiley: FENGTAO thanks for 5232…just one question>can verify be made to work by setting write speed @ recomended ? DOES WRITE SPEED INFLUENCE WHETHER VERIFY WORKS OR NOT? sorry thats 2 questions :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Jolly-Roger;2204037]:bow: :smiley: FENGTAO thanks for 5232…just one question>can verify be made to work by setting write speed @ recomended ? DOES WRITE SPEED INFLUENCE WHETHER VERIFY WORKS OR NOT? sorry thats 2 questions :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No…‘verify’ cannot be made to work by setting write speed.

Just out of curiosity, why do you want the ‘verify’ function?

O’C

:slight_smile:

O’Canada,thankx for your interest…i make backups of a series of say 6 discs…i need verify as i do not have time to veryfy by watching…tooo long. BTW…U JUST SAID NO TO MY QUESTION…do u have a suggestion how to verify with VSOengine ? why is it possible to verify with imageburn @slow write speeds BUT …not with vso engine ??

[QUOTE=Jolly-Roger;2204887]O’Canada,thankx for your interest…i make backups of a series of say 6 discs…i need verify as i do not have time to veryfy by watching…tooo long. BTW…U JUST SAID NO TO MY QUESTION…do u have a suggestion how to verify with VSOengine ? why is it possible to verify with imageburn @slow write speeds BUT …not with vso engine ??[/QUOTE]

OK…first of all, a point many people are confused on, is the ‘verify’ option.
All it does is verify the readability of the data just burned - it does NOT do a comparison of the HD data and the newly burned DVD data. And if the verify is OK, which it usually is, as one usually uses the drive that just burned the disc, that info is only valid for the drive the disc was burned in…NO others.

Which means that a disc burned on your computer, verified, etc., may not play back in your player or anywhere else, and the only way of telling is by doing what you have no time for.

Re the VSO engine - it appears to be buggy after its recent updates, and many are having problems with it. Imgburn isn’t buggy - that’s why it works and the VSO, for many, doesn’t.

Hope this helps.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2205251]OK…first of all, a point many people are confused on, is the ‘verify’ option.
All it does is verify the readability of the data just burned - it does NOT do a comparison of the HD data and the newly burned DVD data.

:)[/QUOTE]

is that your opinion or documented fact. and are you in that sentence referring to VSO or Imgburn ?

here’s what the official imgburn website says about verify:
"Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct "

(I think "optionally " is controlled via write preferences. in my write preferences I have verify against image file ticked. )

that’s what I expect any verify function to do be it in IMGburn, Rixio or whatever. In fact I’m certain that roxio does, because if I set it burn lets day a batch of word documents & than I edit or rename one just as verify is starting, the verify will fail.

PS there’s also a freeware utility called Qverify.exe which can verify DVDdata against hard drive data for you - just google it.

cybmole…many thanx i think your answer makes sense…will see if i can set imgb as required,will check internet for Qverify.exe &see how that goes…i feel i have good reason toverify in my circumstances…although i will concede in case of a single burn and time being available ,to watch is best verify

[QUOTE=Jolly-Roger;2205526]cybmole…many thanx i think your answer makes sense…will see if i can set imgb as required,will check internet for Qverify.exe &see how that goes…i feel i have good reason toverify in my circumstances…although i will concede in case of a single burn and time being available ,to watch is best verify[/QUOTE]

i verify everything for peace of mind. better I think to spend 10 mins up front getting assurance, than to watch a movie & have it crash 5 mins before the end!

having said that, if you’ve verified say 10 in a row & you are continuing with the same batch of media, on the same PC & with the same burn settings you can be pretty confident that the next 10 will also be OK.

with qverify, carefully read the options. It can either just check that all source & target files have same names & lengths or it can do a detailed check that files also contain the exact same data.

PS If you want to maintain a music or video rip collection on 2 or more PCs or on 2 or more drives , & keep then in snych, look at a shareware tool called synchromagic.