Dvdfab v5.1 And HP DVD 1040e Burner

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040e. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all,

I’m having a problem using Dvdfab and an HP DVD 1040e burner connected to a Dell E1705 laptop running Windows Vista and a HP ZD8000 laptop running Windows XP with SP3.

The problem: On either laptop, the drive is recognized by the operating system and Dvdfab. When I load the source dvd into the laptop and a blank dvd into the 1040e, Dvdfab checks the blank dvd and after a few seconds asks for a blank dvd to make the copy but there’s already one in the drive! I tried several blank Memorex dvds as well as some branded by OfficeMax.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can do to resolve the issue?

thanks,

Atrainus

[quote=atrain01us;2144631][qanda]This thread is about the HP DVD1040e. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi all,

I’m having a problem using Dvdfab and an HP DVD 1040e burner connected to a Dell E1705 laptop running Windows Vista and a HP ZD8000 laptop running Windows XP with SP3.

The problem: On either laptop, the drive is recognized by the operating system and Dvdfab. When I load the source dvd into the laptop and a blank dvd into the 1040e, Dvdfab checks the blank dvd and after a few seconds asks for a blank dvd to make the copy but there’s already one in the drive! I tried several blank Memorex dvds as well as some branded by OfficeMax.

Any ideas as to why this is happening and what I can do to resolve the issue?

thanks,

Atrainus[/quote]
Not sure of the steps you are doing so, try this put the DVD that you are going to rip in the drive that is used for reading leaving the blank media out then start DVDFab after it scans the DVD then put the blank disc in the other drive.

BTW…Welcome to CD Freaks and the DVDFab sub-forum.