PLATINUMSWORD,has a blog where the article reads
that a private company is going to go after user’s of
file sharing, and downloading of files from sights such,as
limewire,bit torrentetc… This company based in malibu
california will start searching through tracking the isp’s of
computers they can track,and sending them an e-mail and
sending them to an amenesty sight to pay for files they consider
to be copywright infrigdemnt. The link is in the music,movie
downloading blog in the knowledge is power section.
So why is this important to dvdfab,and other user’s of copying
software? Well my concern is not that they are going after piracy
but,are they going to go after people downloading dvdfab,
or other software as well? Which hollywood considers
piracy as well.
ZAP.:bigsmile::eek:

[quote=zap em;2130198]GUY’S
PLATINUMSWORD,has a blog where the article reads
that a private company is going to go after user’s of
file sharing, and downloading of files from sights such,as
limewire,bit torrentetc… This company based in malibu
california will start searching through [B]tracking the isp’s of[/B]
[B]computers they can track[/B],and sending them an e-mail and
sending them to an amenesty sight to pay for files they consider
to be copywright infrigdemnt. The link is in the music,movie
downloading blog in the knowledge is power section.
So why is this important to dvdfab,and other user’s of copying
software? Well my concern is not that they are going after piracy
but,are they going to go after people downloading dvdfab,
or other software as well? Which hollywood considers
piracy as well.
ZAP.:bigsmile::eek:[/quote]
[B]computers they can track <-- [/B]that is a big factor :bigsmile:
if your IP address is hidden/[B]cloaked[/B] it will be hard :wink: course not everyone does this so I’m sure they will get a lot of users, not saying I’m doing any thing wronge… but never the less I’m not going to loose sleep over it :bigsmile:

I’m not loosing any sleep either, but here is an email one of the ISPs I work with received the other day. This is the real deal, identifying dates etc. removed. The offender will probably have service suspended at the very least:

From: CopyrightInfringement [mailto:hboinfringements@removed]
Sent: Xxxxday, September 98, 2008 3:40 PM
To: security
Subject: Case ID xxxxxxxxxxx - Notice of Claimed Infringement
xx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Xxxxday, September 98, 2008

(name and address of ISP removed)

RE: Unauthorized Distribution of the Copyrighted Television Program Entitled
True Blood

Dear :confused::confused::confused::confused:Security:

We are writing this letter on behalf of Home Box Office, Inc. (“HBO”).

We have received information leading us to believe that an individual has utilized the below-referenced IP address at the noted date and time to offer downloads of copyrighted television program(s) through a “peer-to-peer” service, including such title(s) as:

True Blood

The distribution of unauthorized copies of copyrighted television programs constitutes copyright infringement under the Copyright Act, Title 17 United States Code Section 106(3).

Since you own this IP address (xx.rem.ove.d54), we request that you immediately do the following:

1. Disable access to the individual who has engaged in the conduct described above; and/or
  2. Take other appropriate action against the account holder under your Abuse Policy/Terms of Service Agreement.

On behalf of HBO, owner of the exclusive rights to the copyrighted material at issue in this notice, we hereby state, that we have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by HBO, its respective agents, or the law.

Also, we hereby state, under penalty of perjury, under the laws of the State of New York and under the laws of the United States, that the information in this notification is accurate and that we are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive rights being infringed as set forth in this notification.

Please direct any end user queries to the following address:

S…Net DMCA
(address removed)

They are going after P2P aggresively.

this should get moved to here so more members can see it.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f83/coming-soon-automated-piracy-identification-settlement-system-252966/#post2130173

i dont have a problem with the post being here in dvdfab forum, just not every cdfreaks member interested in p2p issues is going to find signals post. :slight_smile:

This type of thing pops up all the time.

Political threads running their course zap em?

Hey Signals I guess we both will sleep ok :bigsmile:

I don’t care to have it moved, why not just put a link to it wherever the interested parties are.

Yeah. I am behind 3 firewalls and don’t do P2P. Sleeping soundly thanks. :slight_smile:

I agree with you on that :iagree:

done
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f83/coming-soon-automated-piracy-identification-settlement-system-252966/

[quote=troy512;2130259]done
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f83/coming-soon-automated-piracy-identification-settlement-system-252966/[/quote]
should have said he was not the one the letter was about :slight_smile:

[quote=StormJumper;2130265]should have said he was not the one the letter was about :)[/quote]Yeah, LOL. I guess anybody that clicks over will figure that out.

Yeah…but if they don’t click over and just reads the quote will think other wise :eek: but what the heck just a post :bigsmile:
see you tomorrow…sleep tight :cool:

[QUOTE=zap em;2130198]GUY’S
,are they going to go after people downloading dvdfab,

ZAP.:bigsmile::eek:[/QUOTE]

on what grounds ??? - it’s a legal software program & purchasing it does not break any laws.

a legal argument could be constructed about certain usages, but that’s a different issue, and is not something that any ISP can detect. Owning DVDFAB ,& installing it ,is not a crime.

• kinda like the subtle difference between owning a gun & shooting people with it :slight_smile:

CYBMOLE/GUY’S
The reason is if you read the link PLATINUMSWORD
posted in the blog which is in the music,movie p2p forum
of knowledge is power. The article states that this company
located in malibu,california is going to be searching the files of
sights like bit torrent,limewire,etc… to track not only which ip’s
they can track,but to hold people legally responsible. The
reason I included dvdfab,and other software that allows you
to copy dvd’s is that hollywood considers this piracy as well.
I don’t think legally they can get away with this,but I am saying
if you don’t have dvdfab and are downloading it for the first time
be carefull.
ZAP.:eek::bow:

[QUOTE=zap em;2130399]CYBMOLE/GUY’S
The reason is if you read the link PLATINUMSWORD
posted in the blog which is in the music,movie p2p forum
of knowledge is power. The article states that this company
located in malibu,california is going to be searching the files of
sights like bit torrent,limewire,etc… to track not only which ip’s
they can track,but to hold people legally responsible. The
reason I included dvdfab,and other software that allows you
to copy dvd’s is that hollywood considers this piracy as well.
I don’t think legally they can get away with this,but I am saying
if you don’t have dvdfab and are downloading it for the first time
be carefull.
ZAP.:eek::bow:[/QUOTE]
you seem to be missing something: the only people who download and/or share dvdfab via torrent or P2p are software thieves, but the only guys who could legitimately sue them would be the program creators . It’s their intellectual property, not hollywoods. All that hollywood wants to catch are the guys who upload movie rips to file share sites.

most folks on this forum buy dvdfab legally from dvdfab.com & use it for backups or mobile conversions so they don’t need to worry about anti-p2p pananoia.

FWIW those anti=p2p stings & searches are easy to outwit e.g. with peer guardian or with anonymous torrent services if you want to go there.

All that forum users here need to know is that it’s not a crime to dowload dvdfab from the author’s website & no ISP will track or record your software purchases.

I know that I will not be losing any sleep over this issue as I do not and will not use any kind of P2P software
at all as I strictly do not believe in piracy by uploading / downloading, movies / music so I for one do not have
to worry about it in any way. :disagree: Now if backing up my legally bought and paid for DVDs with DVDFab for personal
backups and use makes me a pirate then by all means they can feel free to call me a pirate. :iagree: :slight_smile:

GETIT29
You don’t have to worry about using it if you already
have purchased it. What I am concerned with is those
who just purchase it download the software. Then the
company their using tracks your isp[either by hacking or
some other way] Then send you an e-mail calling you
a pirate and to pay up to avoid court. See while you seem
to get my point it’s the user these schmucks are trying
to go after.
ZAP.

If you ever get such a letter and I seriously doubt you will, delete it. The only thing you have to fear is " Fear itself." These ISPs are not interested in you. They want your money.:wink:

Firstly, it is not illegal to download and use DVD Fab as others have said above so I can’t see the scenario you are talking about where they track the users of Fab and take action against them.

Then there are two other scenarios which revolve around the use of Fab.

The first one is that the Fab user encodes media and shares it via P2P torrents or reselling copies of the original media.

In this case, the companies are fully justified in attacking these guys as it is pirating and I hope they succeed.

The second case is where the Fab purchaser uses Fab to back up his media as a precaution or turns the media into formats playable by other devices that they own within their own home.

In this case, it would be very hard to identify the people doing this and also, a very good case could be made in court that this falls within a “FAIR USE” framework and I would suggest that the media companies would not want to open up this can of worms.

In any case, I am not going to loose any sleep over it as I do not share my media. I regard it as the usual hyperbole that seems to permeate every few months.