DVDFab users-> Heads up

vbimport

For those users who have a NVIDIA graphic card you may want to think twice before upgrading to Windows 8, it seems CUDA is not support in the Consumers Preview release of the operating system and may or may not function in the final release of the new operating system. :eek:

SJ

Windows8=another Windows Vista? First this Dam Metro and now this.

Perhaps you need the Nvidia drivers for Windows 8 for it to work?

http://www.geeks3d.com/20101202/nvidia-r265-90-adds-windows-8-support-and-one-new-opengl-extension/3/

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2625089]Perhaps you need the Nvidia drivers for Windows 8 for it to work?

http://www.geeks3d.com/20101202/nvidia-r265-90-adds-windows-8-support-and-one-new-opengl-extension/3/[/QUOTE]

My NVIDIA driver is the latest one released which is 295.73, however I will check into the OpenGL extension.

I personally didn’t care at all about Windows 8 going by the preview test anyways so I will not be upgrading from Windows 7.

Thanks for the info and link.

[B]SJ[/B]

Hahahahahahaha thats why I still run XP and it does the job for me just fine

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2625100]Hahahahahahaha thats why I still run XP and it does the job for me just fine[/QUOTE]

Yeah[B]!![/B] my XP rig still works great too course since I use my Windows 7 for all my projects the XP rig is connected to my 46" wide screen for movie playbacks and my games. :bigsmile:

I’m still on XP PRO SP3 lol not even upgraded to Win7 cause of all the restrictions in the OS.

[QUOTE=SilverHedge42;2625124]I’m still on XP PRO SP3 lol not even upgraded to Win7 cause of all the restrictions in the OS.[/QUOTE]

You must be talking about the Home version :iagree: :Z because I have no restrictions at all in Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate.

[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2625092]I personally didn’t care at all about Windows 8 going by the preview test anyways so I will not be upgrading from Windows 7.
[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Interesting.

Were you using the Metro interface or the Desktop interface?

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2625100]Hahahahahahaha thats why I still run XP and it does the job for me just fine[/QUOTE]

Blasphemy!! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2625128]You must be talking about the Home version :iagree: :Z because I have no restrictions at all in Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate.

[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Windows 7 Ultimate is the best because of the XP compatibility mode that comes with it.

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2625245]Windows 7 Ultimate is the best because of the XP compatibility mode that comes with it.[/QUOTE]

+! :iagree:

Never thought I’d leave XP, but 7 really is a superior os…

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2625265]+! :iagree:

[B]Never thought I’d leave XP, but 7 really is a superior os[/B]…[/QUOTE]

I second that statement. :iagree:

I would have to upgrade to much stuff to run 7 and now 8 will be coming out geesh another way for them to get your money :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2625274][B]I would have to upgrade to much stuff to run 7[/B] and now 8 will be coming out geesh another way for them to get your money :)[/QUOTE]

Yeah!! that was the same for me so I just got a whole new rig when I went to Vista. :smiley:

I’m still curious though.

What was it you didn’t like about Windows 8 SJ?

I’ve seen stuff in magazines saying that the desktop interface is pretty close to Windows 7.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2625513]I’m still curious though.

What was it you didn’t like about Windows 8 SJ?

I’ve seen stuff in magazines saying that the desktop interface is pretty close to Windows 7.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I don’t care for the METRO for one thing and another was the no support for CUDA amoung a few other issues, I know it’s just a preview release so there’ll be changes in the works so may try it out again though if changes are made(Like getting rid of METRO for desktop PC’s.

[B]SJ[/B]