DVDFab ticking me off again

vbimport

Hey guys, just thought I’d throw this out there for grins and giggles. I was over at my sister’s house using her old XP SP3 machine and DVDFab 8 Qt would not let me into the HD Decrypter section. No way, no how. The trial had ended for the DVD copy section, but virtually nothing else would work. It kept on trying to make me use the conversion section…to h264 and various formats, and I couldn’t make it do anything else. Truly pissed off. I did everything except reinstall…but didn’t have time to download the blasted thing again and mess with it.

Luckily the old (long abandoned) reliable was also installed and this movie didn’t have advanced protection.

Anyone else have this issue?

Not that it is going to matter much to me, I’m removing the thing from my computers and putting my regular decryption program on every computer I might possibly use. I’m no longer going to keep Fab even as a back up program. The all-in-one approach has finally hacked me off enough to get rid of it.

@ Kerry . I read in some posts where they had trouble with XP & the QT versions.
I haven’t yet installed a QT version . Certainly not on my older computer that has XP Pro SP3 .Since I have already read about problems. There is supposed to be a fix but since I haven’t needed it I haven’t went to the trouble of testing.

Guys I’ve got 8.1.1.5 beta on an XP SP3 laptop and it runs like a top, no problems whatsoever. I have to believe that making a program that does as many things as Fab does on an almost infinite number of hardware and software configurations, must be like herding cats!

[QUOTE=90312;2601956]Guys I’ve got 8.1.1.5 beta on an XP SP3 laptop and it runs like a top, no problems whatsoever. I have to believe that making a program that does as many things as Fab does on an almost infinite number of hardware and software configurations, must be like herding cats![/QUOTE]

Have you tried to use a DVD-DL disc? I have and it doesn’t work. DVDFab identifies the DL disc as a Blu-Ray. See my post of yesterday.

I assume you mean as the source, if so then yes several of them. If you mean as the target then no I haven’t as yet. Which do you mean?

[QUOTE=90312;2602088]I assume you mean as the source, if so then yes several of them. If you mean as the target then no I haven’t as yet. Which do you mean?[/QUOTE]

As a target.

I replied to the other thread.