DVDFAB Super Slow

vbimport

I have been using platinum for 8 months now with no hitches, all of a sudden I get a Question about wanting DMA enabled on my drives and of course I click yes, since then by read times have gone from 12-15 minutes to 45-60 minutes for a DVD. What is causing this? I recently upgraded to 4.1.0.0 in hopes of fixing the problem, all drives are DMA enabled in the Device Manager.

What are the DMA readings ? 2,4 or ?

Well shucks Traindog I was waiting for your reply but the forum is so slow in posting I have to go so maybe someone else will jump in to help you, sorry can’t hang around

Ultra DMA Mode 5

My reads times went from average 8-12 minutes to double or more past few weeks but get no DMA message.

My problem was PathPlayer. [using Platinum latest versions always…]
Read speeds and analysing were taking forever so,
since I do not need to be changing playing order or such, was told to
dis-able Pathplayer and whoola…!!
All is back to normal, analysis and reading time fly and no more read errors either…
I usually only rip main movie and if I want the whole disk, I burn to D/L media…

please uninstall your ide controller from device manager. reboot and let windows reinstall default drivers. this is recommended not uninstalling each ide channel.

if you need help let us know.

[I]please uninstall your ide controller from device manager. reboot and let windows reinstall default drivers. this is recommended not uninstalling each ide channel[/I]

Isn’t he already running ultra DMA 5 .??

[QUOTE=rago88;2012151][I]please uninstall your ide controller from device manager. reboot and let windows reinstall default drivers. this is recommended not uninstalling each ide channel[/I]

Isn’t he already running ultra DMA 5 .??[/QUOTE]

This is most likely his Hard Drive and not the DVD drive the DVD and CD drive may be in Ultra DMA mode 2
hopefully he has been looking at the transfer mode drop down window and not just the If available window

Yep…

that makes sense…