DVDFab shuts pc off after conversion

First let me say that version 5.0.1.5 seems to have fixed the audio sync problems when converting Stargate SG-1 Season 7 to Xvid…Great work!:slight_smile:

Now out of the blue the program is shutting down the pc after it gets done with a conversion. I was doing each episode one at a time to check each one as I went along and all was well so decided to go ahead and checkmark the last two smaller videos to do in a batch style but then the program finished one of the two videos and shut off the pc as soon as the first of the two remaining videos was done…weird…so after I rebooted, I tried to finish the last video as a single like I was doing to the first few episodes and strangly enough it shut the pc off again after finishing.

I don’t know why or what tripped the program into doing this after using it for awhile except for the strange and unexplained glitches that happen while using Vista (Even with SP1 it Vista forgets some things at least for me)and I know it’s a beta so I thought I’d pass this along.

I really like how DVDFab 5 is coming along.

Thanks
Chris

I just wanted to add that I was using the DVD to Mobile generic + audio copy method.

Just noticed the box to check to have DVDFab shut down the pc after conversion but I don’t think it was checked unless it was by accident. I noticed clicking the gui pretty far to the right of the box and text to shut down will still activate the box so maybe I did by accident. I will feel pretty dumb if that was the case. I am trying another episode and I willl pay attention to that box! If all’s well then please ignore my post. LOL

Hi cmazz
Laptops and even some desktops can have heat/power problems after a long or big mobile conversion that will trigger a protective shutdown. If it happens every time after the program finishes, it is probably something else.

[quote=cmazz;2053225]First let me say that version 5.0.1.5 seems to have fixed the audio sync problems when converting Stargate SG-1 Season 7 to Xvid…Great work!:slight_smile:

Now out of the blue the program is shutting down the pc after it gets done with a conversion. I was doing each episode one at a time to check each one as I went along and all was well so decided to go ahead and checkmark the last two smaller videos to do in a batch style but then the program finished one of the two videos and shut off the pc as soon as the first of the two remaining videos was done…weird…so after I rebooted, I tried to finish the last video as a single like I was doing to the first few episodes and strangly enough it shut the pc off again after finishing.

I don’t know why or what tripped the program into doing this after using it for awhile except for the strange and unexplained glitches that happen while using Vista (Even with SP1 it Vista forgets some things at least for me)and I know it’s a beta so I thought I’d pass this along.

I really like how DVDFab 5 is coming along.

Thanks
Chris[/quote]

I think it was my own fault as I had a couple open windows while running DVDFab and when I clicked DVDFab to bring it to the front, I must have clicked it in the zone that activates the shut down pc option…woops! I’ll pay closer attention to that now. LOL