Dvdfab shrinkdvd

vbimport

is the shrink dvd option where you can shrink dvd9 to dvd5 on dvdfab any

good or is something like dvdshrink better ? i have tried dvd shrink and

compared it to nero recode and dvdshrink was alot better quality.

what is the best software to shrink without quality loss ? :bow:

You are the only one that can answer that question as to your personal taste. You tried Dvd Shrink & Recode, so try DvdFab.

Like beef barley said try DVDfab to see as we cannot mention another program in this section of the forum as it only for DVDfab products

daviddream, either make a new thread in the other forum or request a moderator to move this so you can get a proper response.

He got a proper response as he has to try them then make up his own mind

That’s not what helping out in a forum is about. david, it’s your turn :slight_smile:

You can’t make up a persons mind for them as they have to try stuff themselfs to see which suits them best. And besides you don’t even have DVDFAB so wondering why you always come in here giving advice, Anyway have a nice wonderful day

There is nothing wrong with this thread being here :disagree:

[QUOTE=daviddream;2184824]is the shrink dvd option where you can shrink dvd9 to dvd5 on dvdfab any

what is the best software to shrink without quality loss ? :bow:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2185094]You can’t make up a persons mind for them as they have to try stuff themselfs to see which suits them best. And besides you don’t even have DVDFAB so wondering why you always come in here giving advice, Anyway have a nice wonderful day[/QUOTE]
He is asking questions which need to be answered outside this forum because of the rules. No, you cannot make up some ones mind but you can give the person the proper help he/she is asking for. Thus, why this thread deserves to be else where. Feel free to answer his other questions then.

The way I see it, you can help this guy out by answering all his questions (by moving it to a forum without the rule) or forget about it.

What is on my hard drive is none of your business. I don’t see how that concerns you at all.

Who has to live with the finished product?

daviddream hasn’t posted again in this topic.Maybe he did post the question again.
I’m going to recomend what has already been suggested but a little more.
Take 3 good quality discs of the same brand & batch,burn a copy of the same movie to each,using the same burner & all other things the same except the shrinking software.
I would give the burner a 15 minute rest between burns for possibly more equal results.
Then check each copy on your DVD player/players.Do you see any difference you like or dislike?
Then check the discs out with Nero CD-DVD Speed for disc quality.
I think that will let you decide the best result for you.
Of course this wastes a couple of discs because you need to destroy the extra 2 backups after testing since you are only allowed to have 1 backup.

[QUOTE=daviddream;2184824]is the shrink dvd option where you can shrink dvd9 to dvd5 on dvdfab any

what is the best software to shrink without quality loss ? :bow:[/QUOTE]

thanks for all the advice i will compare and see which shrinker is best :iagree:

Good luck to you & please let us know your personal findings, but please in another thread, in another sub-forum.

Yes like beef barley said another sub-forum and the one for that is [B]Copy Movie[/B] as we can mention any DVD copy program in that section of the forum.

personally, I can’t tell the difference between dvdfab & dvdshrink output when compression is in the 90+% range, but the latter has one very useful feature that DVDfab still lacks - it lets you reauthor with start & end point settings so that you can shave off unwanterdend credits & intro logos - that in turn means you need less compression or sometimes no compression to then fit the movie onto an SL DVD. Fab can’t do that unless the end credits have a DVD chapter all to themseleves which you can then eliminate.

PS when did this “can’t mention another program” rubbish kick in - there have been lots of threads in this forum which mention DVDshrink . searching the forum brings up 16 pages of hits!

cant be bothered to try other search terms but I bet that anydvd would have lots of hits also.

It kicked in on 3/4/08 http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2185763]It kicked in on 3/4/08 http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/sub-forum-fengtao-software-only-242474/[/QUOTE]

ah - well if we restrict the search for mentions of dvdshrink to posts made after that date there’s only 4 pages of hits, so clearly the policy is working :stuck_out_tongue:

well I don’t know about that :slight_smile: all I know is that they have the same statement in most if not all of the forums now