Dvdfab should i install VSO burning engine?

vbimport

Hi
i use windows xp
and i would like to ask 2 question is

should i install vso buring engine to rip and make a backup of my origianl dvd or can i avoid to install VSO engine?

is there a clean up to make a dvdfab install ?
in the past i had an old version
now i would like to backup some of my new orignal dvd
and i would like to make a clean of dvdfab

thanks

I don’t use DVDfab but can direct you to a posting by Forum member Stormjumper. If you search for him, the following thread is in his signature and it will answer your second question.

SJ or others can answer your first question.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2073105-post1.html

[quote=mantra;2138680]Hi
i use windows xp
and i would like to ask 2 question is

[B]should i install vso buring engine to rip and make a backup of my origianl dvd or can i avoid to install VSO engine?[/B]

and i would like to make a clean of dvdfab

thanks[/quote]
No you do not need to install the VSO burn engine. dvdfab uses 3 burn engines VSO is default, then there is nero and ImgBurn. These are the only 3 burn engines you can use with dvdfab. As for the clean install follow the directions in the link that jeff53404 gave you exactly.

VSO Burning engine no you do not need, I use imgburn myself.

Clean install is a must, follow the link to stormjumpers post and follow the directions to get your clean install.

Happy Burning

[QUOTE=GJ;2138697]No you do not need to install the VSO burn engine. dvdfab uses 3 burn engines VSO is default, then there is nero and ImgBurn. These are the only 3 burn engines you can use with dvdfab. As for the clean install follow the directions in the link that jeff53404 gave you exactly.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=bean55;2138699]VSO Burning engine no you do not need, I use imgburn myself.

Clean install is a must, follow the link to stormjumpers post and follow the directions to get your clean install.

Happy Burning[/QUOTE]

thanks
but why after the installation [B]without VSO[/B]
it asks me to reboot??

[QUOTE=mantra;2138680]Hi
)
should i install vso buring engine…
can i avoid to install VSO engine?
thanks[/QUOTE]

Should you? Personally, I happen to like VSO…it’s the default burn engine and is the best integrated burn engine in Fab.
I also use Img, which is one of the best, or perhaps the best burn engine, bar none.
I’m not a big fan of nero…but again, just my opinion and some folks prefer nero.

can i avoid to install VSO engine?
Yes you can…and there’s nothing wrong with Not installing it, but that’s up to you.

[QUOTE=mantra;2138680]
and i would like to make a clean of dvdfab.
[/QUOTE]
As everyone said, if you prefer to do a clean install, definitely follow SJ’s guide as posted above.
If you’re referring to old versions of Fab 3 or Fab 4, there really isn’t any reason to [B]have[/B] to uninstall them, but again, this is your choice and preference.
They are separate programs and operate independently of one another.
Just avoid running them at the same time.
I have Fab 2, Fab 3 and Fab 4 installed.

To be honest, I still use Fab 4.1.2.0 occasionally. It is the most stable version of Fab since Fab 3.
If there are glitches in newer versions, especially DVD to Moblie…
I can always rely on 4.1.2.0…:smiley:

Sorry mantra, looks like I just missed you…we were posting at the same time

[QUOTE=mantra;2138715]thanks
it asks me to reboot??[/QUOTE]
Just routine windows operation…since this is essentially a new install or there have been significant changes when updating.

[QUOTE=mantra;2138715]thanks
it asks me to reboot??[/QUOTE]

As maineman says just standard windows operating system procedures.

[QUOTE=maineman;2138718]Should you? Personally, I happen to like VSO…it’s the default burn engine and is the best integrated burn engine in Fab.
I also use Img, which is one of the best, or perhaps the best burn engine, bar none.
I’m not a big fan of nero…but again, just my opinion and some folks prefer nero.

…:D[/QUOTE]
thanks all of you very much

what do imgburn have so special ?
i mean dvdfab can use imgburn to burn?

well i bought nero because i did not find a program better then nero , i mean for general purpose

[QUOTE=mantra;2138762]thanks all of you very much

what do imgburn have so special ?
i mean dvdfab can use imgburn to burn?

well i bought nero because i did not find a program better then nero , i mean for general purpose[/QUOTE]
Img was developed and is currently supported by LUK!..the same developer of the one and only dvddecrypter. IMO, you will not find a better burn engine with respect to quality, user configuration, overall control and feedback. It is also freeware.

I still have nero 6.xxx, but nero has become problematic with more recent versions and it is my third choice here as to quality video archiving.
I much prefer VSO and Img…again, just my opinion.

In[B] Common Settings > DVD > Write[/B]…
you have 3 choices for [B]Burning Engine[/B].
With VSO, you have the option of installing it with the Fab installation.
Nero and Img must be installed independently as standalone applications, but once installed, can be accessed within Fab.

If you choose Img, be sure to make the following change:
[B]tools > settings > build > don’t prompt image details[/B]