DVDFab Runtime Error

vbimport

Hello -

I’m new to the forum but I’ve read through a lot of the posts and can’t seem to overcome this problem.

I’m running Vista Business on a Sony Vaio (VGN-SZ670N). I ran DVDFab Version 4 with no problems for 30 days. I purchased it when my trial expired. When I saw a new version had been released, I uninstalled Version 4 and installed Version 5. This is when I got my first Runtime error.

I searched the forum and found a few guides on clean installs. I followed the guides to the letter and reinstalled version 5. I’m still receiving this runtime error. It occurs immediately once I launch the program.

Does anyone have the same problem? What else can I try?

EDIT: download latest version from http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm can fix the problem.

Patrick

Yep! I’m getting the same thing with v5. Initially worked fine and last weekend was OK also. Now I get a C++ Visual Runtime Libary error. Also did a clean install to no avail.

Following is wording of the error:

[I]Runtime Error
Program: C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5\DVDFab.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application’s support team for more information.[/I]

Windows Event Viewer has no listing of these events.

I suppose I should check my version of Runtime Library. Just seems strange that v5 ran well for a couple of weeks and this just appears now.
BTW… Also ran a thorough CHKDSK earlier.

Thoughts, anyone??

Ok go out to http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm and get the latest version. It appears as though both of you might have downloaded the one from the .NET site. That one definately has an issue that they are working on (at least that is the report that I have seen).
Once you have gotten the version from the .COM site then locate a post by StormJumper and look in his sig for clean install instructions. Follow those and once you have done all of those then rebooted install the version from the .COM site.

Well… Reviewing the e-mails I have from them, my original purchase of v4 came from the .net site. However…
The v5 download and new Registration Key [B]was[/B] from the .com site.

I had already done a clean install, but it’s possible I may have overlooked something.
So I’ll try a fresh download and another clean install.

Thanks for your reply, DaGeekster. Will post back with results tomorrow.

There was this problem awhile back and the latest version corrected it, if you d/l the latest version then you should be ok

Thanks Jimbo. I haven’t checked the version numbers on my original v5 download and the .exe I downloaded last night.
But what constitutes “a while back”? v5 has only been out about a month, has it not?

Thats about right but sometimes you will get a couple updates a week, The author is on top of any problem that comes up and another update just came out today, it is a beta so you would have to d/l it from the top of the forum page and not the com. site

OIC… Only been using the app about a month and a half, so I wasn’t aware that there could be so many frequent updates.
In that regard…
A month would be a while back. LOL!

Thanks again for the info, Jimbo.
As a DVDFab newb… I think I’ll forgo any betas for now. :bigsmile:

At least get the latest version which is 5.0.2.5 , I don’t d/l the beta’s either unless there is a fix for a known problem in the dvd burning part. BTW welcome to the best forum on da freaks

I know that this is way off thread but didn’t want to start a new one for something that’s probably easily answered. OK here goes. What is the likelyhood of your dvd rip video artefacting if you’ve OC’d your CPU? I’ve currently got my Q6600 at 2.8Ghz and since I did this I’ve had nothing but bum rip’s. The reason it’s set at this is because I’m a big Folding @ Home supporter and the clock cycles count. Could this be my problem?

[QUOTE=Python15;2069870]I know that this is way off thread but didn’t want to start a new one for something that’s probably easily answered. OK here goes. What is the likelyhood of your dvd rip video artefacting if you’ve OC’d your CPU? I’ve currently got my Q6600 at 2.8Ghz and since I did this I’ve had nothing but bum rip’s. The reason it’s set at this is because I’m a big Folding @ Home supporter and the clock cycles count. Could this be my problem?[/QUOTE]

It certainly could !!!

I remember when the “Mobile” option first came out and there were reports of this and it was resolved by reverting the CPU to the correct speed.

Give it a go? What have you got to loose? :flower:

All is well now. Had the latest version downloaded last night and completed the rest of the steps this afternoon. Launched fine after reboot and finished off the three DVDs I tried over the weekend. :cool:

Thanks again for the help, DaGeekster and Jimbo! :bow::bow::bow:

[quote=TioFranco;2069890]All is well now. Had the latest version downloaded last night and completed the rest of the steps this afternoon. Launched fine after reboot and finished off the three DVDs I tried over the weekend. :cool:

Thanks again for the help, DaGeekster and Jimbo! :bow::bow::bow:[/quote]

Your very welcome. I am glad that it is working well for you now.

[B]TioFranco[/B]
Greetings and welcome, glad you got things worked out :cool:

The runtime error you are receiving is do to the automatic updates. When you open the app and get the error, Move the error message to the side. The program still is working OK, just the error is in the way. Then go into the app configuration settings. Under the General settings, uncheck the box for, “Check for new version automatically.” Click OK and exit the program, then expect the error message.

As long as that box is not checked, it will work fine.

I think you will find if you ignore the runtime error it will not decrypt properly. I have just had this problem & traced it to a .dll also used by my virus checker.
Easiest way to resolve it is boot into safemode then install it worked for me.

Well, spank my a-- and call me Shirley! This dang error just cropped up again today. :rolleyes:

I tried the resolution that BSquires posted last week concerning unchecking the Auto Update box in Preferences, and the error was gone.

Thanks BSquires. That’s a helluva lot easier than doing a clean install! :clap::clap::flower:

This was an issue for a couple of versions prior to v.5.0.3.0.
Fengtao posted a registry patch to deal with this until a permanent fix was realized with 5.0.3.0.

Registry patch

It’s darn peculiar that it’s still occurring.
Anyway, the patch is an easy fix that should work just fine, but frankly, if it persists, I’d run a registry cleaner. Regseeker is good choice and it’s free…link in my sig

Sorry…duplicate post

Merci Beaucoup for the additional info, MaineMan! :smiley:
I’m still a bit of a newb with this program and not use to frequent version updates.

I was still using v2.025 when this error occurred again. Probably happend 'cause the app was trying to tell me a new version was available. LOL.

Just downloaded v2.03.0, so that may take care of things. Thanks again.