DVDFAB running in Parallels on Mac won't burn

I bought my first iMac (24") last weekend, and installed Parallels 4 (currently using trial version to make sure it works before I pay $), then installed DVDFAB which I have been a fan of for years. Problem is, now keeps telling me no writeable media detected, I have tried DVD+R as well as DVD-R just in case it was something to do with the disk. Have tried changing the burn engine from VSO to IMGBURN as well as the trial version of Nero 9…all with no success.

I have also tried running DVDFAB through BOOTCAMP. I have partitioned the disc using bootcamp and installed Vista, & DVDFAB. Have tied VSO, IMGBurn & Nero 9 running this way too. The program appeared to burn once only on VSO (after same problem as above, trying different media types) and once using Nero. When I checked the discs on my PC, they were unreadable. Any ideas?

The other thing I have noticed is that when DVDFAB runs (from start up until it is ready to burn) it is very slow. In fact it takes twice as long as on my 5 year old PC.

I was impressed with the Mac when I bought it, but now I am just frustrated as there must be a solution.