Dvdfab rips my movie into 4 parts?

vbimport

Hi i want to start backing up all my dvds to hard drives and i heard dvdfab was the best. I just tried it but it riped it into 4 parts, is there a way to rip to one big part?

Thanks

[QUOTE=blazze2;2556790]Hi i want to start backing up all my dvds to hard drives and i heard dvdfab was the best. I just tried it but it riped it into 4 parts, is there a way to rip to one big part?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi blazze2

Welcome to the forum :flower:

Not sure what you mean by 4 parts :confused: are you talking about the IFO, BUP and VOB files ?

also what do you mean by one big part :confused: are you talking about into one VOB files for streaming ?

One more thing are you using the free version or do you have a registered version ?

[B]SJ[/B]

I have the trial for now. dvdfab riped the dvd into 4 video files. i can watch the movie great, but i would have to stop and click the next file to continue the movie. The movie was split into 4 mpeg parts. i have alot of dvds to rip and i really dont want to have to run a joiner program to join all the parts of the movie.

thanks

[QUOTE=blazze2;2556897]I have the trial for now. dvdfab riped the dvd into 4 video files. i can watch the movie great, but i would have to stop and click the next file to continue the movie. The movie was split into 4 mpeg parts. i have alot of dvds to rip and i really dont want to have to run a joiner program to join all the parts of the movie.

thanks[/QUOTE]

What media player are you using ?

well use power dvd, but i have a few. Do you know of any dvd rippers that rip into one part? i tried magic dvd ripper and dvdfab and they both split the dvd into 4 parts. i have 2TB HDs and 500 dvds i want to back up, and i really dont want to have to join every one o rip.

thanks

Hi,

your HDDs happen to be formatted with FAT32 file system?

Michael

I don’t use PowerDVD (at least can’t remember, the last time I used it), but I think you need to load/open for example the VTS_01_0.[B]IFO[/B] for whole movie playback…Just like you would with VLC…

Im not sure, im kinda new to all of this. i wouldn’t even know how to find out if it is?

How would i do that, drag all four parts onto powerdvd? whats the best video player for dvdfab?

[QUOTE=blazze2;2556918]Im not sure, im kinda new to all of this. i wouldn’t even know how to find out if it is?[/QUOTE]

If your HDD is formated to FAT32 as mciahel asked you then you will not be able to join the files into one because a FAT32 system does not support files larger then 1 GB in size which would explain the files being split into four files.

I [I]think[/I] the OP is just having probs with playing from DVD folder and not related to Fat32 issues…Just guessing here, so you never know…
http://www.videohelp.com/play

QUOTE=StormJumper;2556923e a FAT32 system does not support files larger then 1 GB in size [/QUOTE]Must be a typo. According to http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938432.aspx the maximum file size on a FAT32 formatted file system is 2³² -1 bytes (= 4 GB).

Michael

the files are bigger the 1GB. Is there a program to join the four VTS movie files?

i just realized i used the dvd copy part of dvdfab, should i have used the dvd rip part? maybe that will rip it to one part instead of 4?

[QUOTE=blazze2;2556942]i just realized i used the dvd copy part of dvdfab, should i have used the dvd rip part? maybe that will rip it to one part instead of 4?[/QUOTE]

The DVD Ripper is a converter, DVD Copy copies to your hard drive as follows…

Folder(movie title) inside that folder you should have two folders called AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS, the AUDIO_TS folder is always empty and the VIDEO_TS folder contains a VIDEO_TS file, IFO,BUP and VOB files which you should be able to select the VIDEO_TS file in your media player and it will play from start to finish at least it does using VLC media player.

With WinDVD you can just select the VIDEO_TS folder and it will play the movie satrt to fininsh.

[QUOTE=blazze2;2556938]the files are bigger the 1GB. Is there a program to join the four VTS movie files?[/QUOTE]You simply need to playback the video_ts.ifo file. :slight_smile:

DVDFab created a complete DVD video structure on your HDD - as designed. I am pretty sure there exists a tool that is able to create one entire file from that structure, but since I haven’t had any need for this, I am not able to name one.

Perhaps this is the option you want: http://www.dvdfab.com/tutorial/Generic-Video-Converter

Michael

stormjumper your right, the folder is exactly like you say, is there a way to join the four TS files i have?

[QUOTE=mciahel;2556954]You simply need to playback the video_ts.ifo file. :)DVDFab created a complete DVD video structure on your HDD - as designed. I am pretty sure there exists a tool that is able to create one entire file from that structure, but since I haven’t had any need for this, I am not able to name one.

Perhaps this is the option you want: http://www.dvdfab.com/tutorial/Generic-Video-Converter

Michael[/QUOTE]

This is the ticket! Play the .ifo not the .vob files. The ifo will tie them properly together for you.

[QUOTE=blazze2;2556959]stormjumper your right, the folder is exactly like you say, is there a way to join the four TS files i have?[/QUOTE]

If you want you can save as an >ISO image just selecy the button to the far right of the target drop down menu see figure below

@ OP and 90312, see/re-read post #7