DVDFAB Ripping to one file

Is there an option in DVDFAB to rip a movie in just one file? (no VOB Passthrough)

When I choose DVD Main Movie, my results files are a series of 1GB files.

I want to get 1 big 4-5GB file ripping all audio, subtitles, and folder structure but the main data is combined in one file.

(Same way DVDShrink does it).

Thanks!

you want ISO file. yes you can by selecting the ISO icon as the target.
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/RunningProgram

Or …

DVD Mobile / Then use VOB Passthru…does what you want…

You dont want an ISO file I don’t think…

You want to keep it on a DVD or on a HDD?

[QUOTE=kimosavi;2154218]Is there an option in DVDFAB to rip a movie in just one file? ([B][U]no VOB Passthrough[/U][/B])

When I choose DVD Main Movie, my results files are a series of 1GB files.

I want to get 1 big 4-5GB file ripping all audio, subtitles, and folder structure but the main data is combined in one file.

([B][U]Same way DVDShrink does it[/U][/B]).

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It’s possible to rip a VTS into one VOB file in DVD Shrink. An ISO file from FAB is still several VOB files.

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2154427]An ISO file from FAB is still several VOB files.[/QUOTE]

yes but i dont think the average user know this. :slight_smile: we were all noobies once. :slight_smile:

[ol]
[li]1 big 4-5GB file
[/li]
[li]ripping all audio, subtitles, and folder structure
[/li]
[li]data is combined in one file
[/li][/ol]

we will see if kimosavi responds. :slight_smile:

Thanks guys for you quick reply, really appreciate it.

I didn’t know about the ISO option, thanks for that info but that is not what I am looking for.

I often rip my movies into the drive (using DVD to Main Movie) but this leave seveal VOB files.

If I want to copy the movie into my PS3, I need to copy all 3-4 VOB files.

I wanted a solution that can work both ways.

1. Keep my original VIDEO_TS folder in my NAS drive (IFO, BUP, VOB files)

2. Have the VOB (in the same VIDEO_TS folder) in one big file so I can just copy this file (or stream it) into my PS3 and watch it if i want to (PS3 w/320GB HD)

DVDShrink does this for me, but I love DVDFab and wanted to keep using it.

Again Thanks!

I have tried several options, but having the files this way gives me a lot of flexibility to work with the movies.

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;2154427]It’s possible to rip a VTS into one VOB file in DVD Shrink.[/QUOTE]

i stand corrected. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=troy512;2154502]i stand corrected. :)[/QUOTE] :flower:

You could try to use VOBMerge. It’s an old program, but it will merge several VOB files into one VOB file, if that is your goal.

The link: http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/showsoftware_vobmerge_108.html

What is wrong with VOB Passtthrough? That does it to one big file?