DVDFab reveals user identifier in .AVI files

vbimport

I’m noticing that DVDFab creates .AVI files with a [IART] metadata tag that identifies which Windows user was logged in and created the file.

This is shown in players such as Media Player Classic, and in tools such as GSpot.

No other tool I’ve seen does this, and I’d rather have uncluttered/anonymous .AVIs created.

Is there a way to turn this off?

afaik - content of AVI tags written by DVDfab are found in, and probably could be reset in, the XML configuration of the profile-in-use.

I’ve not yet found and been able to adjust those, however - sigh.

I’ve been using an AVI tag editor ( http://abcavi.kibi.ru … you can probably find others ) to clean those up/reset to preference after the fact.

[QUOTE=WinTakeAll;2003119]I’m noticing that DVDFab creates .AVI files with a [IART] metadata tag that identifies which Windows user was logged in and created the file.

This is shown in players such as Media Player Classic, and in tools such as GSpot.

No other tool I’ve seen does this, and I’d rather have uncluttered/anonymous .AVIs created.

Is there a way to turn this off?[/QUOTE]

Noticing that in recent versions of DVDfab they’ve added a setting to manage this. It’s under “Conversion Settings” and is called “Author”. It defaults to your Windows logon name just like before, but now you can change it or leave it blank which will give you an nice anonymous .AVI file without any IART tag at all.