DVDFab reply: ‘AACS-LA wants to erase us from the internet’

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVDFab reply: ‘AACS-LA wants to erase us from the internet’[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-dvd-fab-monkey-sad-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Attorneys for Chinese software maker DVDFab this week filed additional papers in an court in the United States where the company is being sued by AACS-LA, a consortium of technology and content providers and developers of the copy-protection on Blu-ray.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-reply-aacs-la-wants-to-erase-us-from-the-internet-71455](http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-reply-aacs-la-wants-to-erase-us-from-the-internet-71455)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Wow, I think the ACSS-LA is abusing their power. This is like David vs Goliath. , very sad for a company that gave us quality software.

And another win for US capitalists …

China (and the rest of the world) is going to have a real problem with the usa in a few years, if this Bull$#!7 keeps happening.

Its not a win, yet, I really do not think the USA wants to make enemy’s in China at this time. Are you all reading the hyperlinks that JW put in the article?
interesting part of the documents revea[U]ls[/U]

[QUOTE=debro;2727089]And another win for US capitalists …

China (and the rest of the world) is going to have a real problem with the usa in a few years, if this Bull$#!7 keeps happening.[/QUOTE]
Hey Debro, I am a US capitalist LOL, but I wouldn’t do what they are doing. LOL.:iagree:

the USA thinks it is in control of the whole planet and can dictate what can be done in every country. it wants and tries to be the ‘world police’! if any country was to try to press charges on companies inside the USA, that country would be told where to go, in no uncertain terms! so why does the USA think it can do it?
the best thing for the planet would be for the USA to stop trading with other nations (it’s got next to nothing that is wanted now anyway. that’s why it keeps instigating these various ‘Trade Deals’ so it can rip off the other countries that are stupid enough to join that deal), stop going to other countries, stop having others go there in fact, become totally isolated! at least then the rest of the world would be able to get on with life instead of worrying what the next thing was that the US was gonna try to nick!!

I think any of these DRM companies have excessive vested interests in controlling world markets so although this is saddening news TBH it doesn’t surprise me as they seem to know no limits regardless of circumstances.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2727134]I think any of these DRM companies have excessive vested interests in controlling world markets so although this is saddening news TBH it doesn’t surprise me as they seem to know no limits regardless of circumstances.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

But notice the pirates aren’t shaking in their boots and they actually benefit from this stupid fight…Pirates aren’t going anyway anytime soon or in the future they are actually most likely growing in numbers as a result of this battle which in no way benefits no one especially the consumers who buy this.

Crony capitalism in the U.S.A isn’t the kind of capitalism anyone needs as it will lead to the destruction of the country from within.

crony capitalism = cancer that will keep growing…

It’s getting pretty political for no political discussions.

First Debro , Like alan1476 more or less a capitalist myself.
The answer for China (and the rest of the world) is don’t apply US law inside your country. Simple as that. If a financial entity(such as a credit card company) tries to stop product purchases . Another nation is free to stop all credit card use by that company within their nation . [B]See how fast that works. Very Fast IMO[/B]

kevpc , I’m all for some isolationism by the USA. That’s not going to happen.
Many of the so called “police actions” have been at the request of the UN ,NATO, &/or the country itself. This is at great expense to the US citizens . I’m all for no longer doing this & paying for it. I’m for sending a bill for the total cost to the US citizens for every “police action” or war to the nations involved. That might just cover the US debt. Also a large restitution for military deaths & injuries to US military personnel or their families by the nation where the “police action” was or UN.
See how well that gets paid.

Crony capitalism is wrong & IMO criminal. The US citizens need to hang any politician that has been bribed in this manor . That would be most of them.
Then the financier of the bribe. Might as well hang the lobbyist too. I don’t see this happening but the best cure.

Too much politics indeed. Closing…