DVDFab removes DVD and Blu-ray decrypter from BluFab

We’ve just posted the following news: DVDFab removes DVD and Blu-ray decrypter from BluFab[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-dvd-fab-monkey-sad-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]
[quote][/quote]
Read the full article here: http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-removes-dvd-and-blu-ray-ripper-from-blufab-70914

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

I wonder if developement of PassKey will be dropped too…:frowning:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2723075]I wonder if developement of PassKey will be dropped too…:([/QUOTE]

I think that’s probably the case. :frowning:

This is a real bombshell though.

[B]Wombler[/B]

All good things come to an end, but this is the best scenario for the people that were smart enough to buy before this happened, and do not forget there are still softwares out there that do a very good job, and are not yet going anyplace.:disagree:

I’m just not sure how feasible it will be to continue to offer updates to encryption for their old customers while not offering this service to any new ones. One of the chief attractions of the software was its decryption, and quick updates for new versions of AACS and BD+ in Blu-ray. Their sales will fall through the floor.

How will they continue to offer DVDFab at all? Even to those in countries that allow people to decrypt and back up media? Anyone could download the trial, then switch to the free DVDFab HD Decrypter section without ever buying anything or registering the program. And Fab is still available for download: http://dvdfab.cn/download.htm

Too many questions still unanswered here. All we can do is wait for clarification of the situation.

I would say that I’m surprised[B]!![/B], but I’m not.

As Alan said… “Al good things comes to a end”, I’m glad I no longer use software to get my backups.

[B]SJ[/B] :slight_smile:

@Alan…Hello :flower:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2723115]I would say that I’m surprised[B]!![/B], but I’m not.

As Alan said… “Al good things comes to a end”, I’m glad I no longer use software to get my backups.

@Alan…Hello :flower:[/QUOTE]
Hey SJ, hope all is well with you.:flower:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2723115]I would say that I’m surprised[B]!![/B], but I’m not.

@Alan…Hello :flower:[/QUOTE]

Very true but like a lot of things you can’t help hoping the ride will last as long as possible. :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

If they remove the decryption feature,there will be a significant pricedrop needed to let their business model survive…
Nobody’s gonna pay the premium price anymore for DvdFab’s software,while other similar tools are around that can be bought for 29.99-39.99 $ with lifetime upgrades…
It’s the included decryption that justified Fengtao’s price range…nothing else…:disagree:

Maybe he will make it freeware and post the code, and call it a day, ([B]NOT[/B]).:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2723130]Maybe he will make it freeware and post the code, and call it a day, ([B]NOT[/B]).:)[/QUOTE]

Don’t think that will happen…:disagree:
But they can do like some “salesmen” already are doing…going underground (maybe with a different name) and let the customers pay with Bitcoin…:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=roadworker;2723132]Don’t think that will happen…:disagree:
But they can do like some “salesmen” already are doing…going underground (maybe with a different name) and let the customers pay with Bitcoin…:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]
I just bought computer parts from a retailer with Bitcoin, I paid 30USD and got 600.00 for them just a day or two back.:stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2723130]Maybe he will make it freeware and post the code, and call it a day, ([B]NOT[/B]).:)[/QUOTE]

That would be nice, wouldn’t it? :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

So basically dvdfab will now only release updates to people who have bought dvdfab not blufab.

if someone an pm me with some other good software that would be a help thanks guys

[QUOTE=firefly33;2723156]So basically dvdfab will now only release updates to people who have bought dvdfab not blufab.

if someone an pm me with some other good software that would be a help thanks guys[/QUOTE]

The only real alternative decrypter is AnyDvd Hd…now that the decryption module of DvdFab is removed,there’s no special reason anymore to prefer it above other,similar tools…:disagree:…so you can use any program with AnyDvdHd.
Pavtube/Aunsoft and Leawo programs are still arouind ATM,and they can decrypt too,but they are not as quick as AnyDvdHd to update to defeat the latest protections…

I really hope they don’t stop updating dvdfab for existing dvdfab customers

[QUOTE=firefly33;2723160]I really hope they don’t stop updating dvdfab for existing dvdfab customers[/QUOTE]

That’s what we all hope to see firefly33. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Isn’t this company used to be dvdidle.com before. Anyways it is bad to see the outcome and wish fengtao for the best.

[QUOTE=roadworker;2723157]The only real alternative decrypter is AnyDvd Hd…now that the decryption module of DvdFab is removed,there’s no special reason anymore to prefer it above other,similar tools…:disagree:…so you can use any program with AnyDvdHd.
Pavtube/Aunsoft and Leawo programs are still arouind ATM,and they can decrypt too,but they are not as quick as AnyDvdHd to update to defeat the latest protections…[/QUOTE]
The other program you mention update and you are correct they might not update as fast as AnyDVDHD but who is in such a rush to watch a movie they own the original of anyway. I can wait for updates LOL.

I’m really dissapointed with Fengtao, as they don’t seem to be fighting back. I would almost certainly attempt to turn that sh*t around, and point my finger at the real problem. Instead, without the core functionality they’ve always been best known for, it will be very hard for them to be able to make enough money to survice.

I guess what really bothers me is the fact that AACS LA is probalby celebrating. For the next few years, those cocky bastards willl be lying to governments everywhere, telling them about how much piracy was reduced when DVDFab died (despite the fact that piracy probably won’t go down nearly as much as they will claim). That way, they can get more (uneeded, undeserved, and heavily abused) power, which they will use to drive more companies out of business.