DVDFab Registration Key

vbimport

I installed 7.0.7.0 today and put my key in there. When I use it, it says the key will be expired 7/26/2010. I sent an email to DVDFab and they sent me back a key. I entered it and it still says it will be expired 7/26/2010. I uninstall the program and re-install it, the result is the same. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium.

Try doing a clean uninstall using this guide then reinstall and see if that fixes it.

[B]Wombler[/B]

It works. Thank you!

[QUOTE=chibond;2528265]It works. Thank you![/QUOTE]

Glad to hear that and I hope you continue to find the forums here useful. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

It didnt work for me, I uninstalled the dvd fab and reinstalled it and put the key number in and it didnt take it. Any other suggestions, I really getting tired of reputing in the key, why cant we leave it the way it was? All ways problems with dvd fab…
Harry

Make sure you’re using the clean uninstall method here rather than just a normal uninstall, then reinstall.

If this still doesn’t work then you may have to contact DVDFab support.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Harry Moyles;2532937]It didnt work for me, I uninstalled the dvd fab and reinstalled it and put the key number in and it didnt take it. Any other suggestions, I really getting tired of reputing in the key, why cant we leave it the way it was? All ways problems with dvd fab…
Harry[/QUOTE]

Hi Harry depending on your operating system you may have to do it differently…

When registering the product it is best to just double click on the registration key that was sent to you as an attachment, however if you are running Vist home prem or Windows 7 home you will have to either have a logon password for your account(Administrator) or before registering right click on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and select “Properties” and click on the “Compatibility” tab and at the very bottom under “Privilege Level” place a check mark next to “Run this program as an Administrator”

I suggest the Compatibility tab as a better choice for security reasons :wink:

I am running the new windows premium, when I run the key, note book comes up with a long sting of numbers and nothing else. I copy the long sting and paste it in dvd fab and it will not take it…Please tell me why they have to keep changing the key structure of this soft ware? What a pain…
Harry

Did you delete the hyphons from the key

I had them at the beginning and end

[QUOTE=Harry Moyles;2532960]I am running the new windows premium, when I run the key, note book comes up with a long sting of numbers and nothing else. I copy the long sting and paste it in dvd fab and it will not take it…Please tell me why they have to keep changing the key structure of this soft ware? What a pain…
Harry[/QUOTE]

Just double click on the registration key that was sent to you as an attachment in the email…

I do and note pad comes up with a long sting of numbers?

[QUOTE=Harry Moyles;2532970]I do and note pad comes up with a long sting of numbers?[/QUOTE]

Note pad :confused:

OK try this…

Right click on the reg key and select “Open with” then navigate to the DVDFab.exe file located in c drive-> Program Files-> DVDFab.

And then you can copy and paste that into the registration box,but you will need to remove the hyphens or brackets at the beginning and or end of that string of numbers

Or follow SJ steps

Says the key its not a valid windows32 file???

[QUOTE=Harry Moyles;2532973]Says the key its not a valid windows32 file???[/QUOTE]

What operating system are you running ?

Harry

new windows premium

32 bit or 64 bit ? Win 7

windows 7 I have both 64 and 32, oh when I go to put the number in there is another number all ready in it so I delete the old number and put in the new but for some reason it will not keep it. Oh I copyed the key and put it in the dvdfad directory but it didnt do any good…

[QUOTE=Harry Moyles;2532983]windows 7 I have both 64 and 32, oh when I go to put the number in there is another number all ready in it so I delete the old number and put in the new but for some reason it will not keep it. Oh I copyed the key and put it in the dvdfad directory but it didnt do any good…[/QUOTE]

Did you see this in post#7

"When registering the product it is best to just double click on the registration key that was sent to you as an attachment, however if you are running Vist home prem or [B]Windows 7 home you will have to either have a logon password for your account(Administrator) or before registering right click on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and select “Properties” and click on the “Compatibility” tab and at the very bottom under “Privilege Level” place a check mark next to “Run this program as an Administrator” [/B]

Also what website did you buy it from and what version of DVDFab do you have ?, the reason I ask about the version is because there was an issue with registration with one of the earler versions.

I went to regedit and took out anything with the dvdfab name, then installed the newest ver of dvdfab. I am still getting numbers in the box, dont know where they are coming out. I run the key and even copyed the file into the subdirectory and that hasnt helped any either?

[QUOTE=Harry Moyles;2533018]I went to regedit and took out anything with the dvdfab name, then installed the newest ver of dvdfab. I am still getting numbers in the box, dont know where they are coming out. I run the key and even copyed the file into the subdirectory and that hasnt helped any either?[/QUOTE]

Are you saying you did a clean uninstall using the guide below in my signature ? if so why sre you still entering the registration number manually ? did you try the compatibility mode as I suggested ? also you didn’t say what website you bought the product from :confused: