DVDFab Region Reset

vbimport

Hi,
I am wondering what the Region Reset application from the crew at DVDFab does. I could not see any tutorial on their site and being unfamiliar with the way this forum works (due to the fact that most things with DVD Fab have always worked just fine for me so I have not needed to get involved). Does it adjust or reset the firmware on the DVD drive or what?
If I have posted in the wrong area I hope the moderators will be tolerant and let me know as well as redirecting my post to an appropriate area.

Thanks

Scraggy Neck

The firmware of a dvd drive normally (always?) only allows a total of 5 changes of the region code after which the drive is set “permanently” with the final region set. A region reset tool overrides that limitation and resets the drive so as to allow another 5 changes (or, in some cases, unlimited further changes).

Thank you philamber. I thought it may be something like that, but I did not want to attempt it; firstly until it was necessary and, secondly without knowing what the Region Reset did.

I recently burned a video_ts to a blank DVD and when I tried to view the movie on my new Sony DVD player and this message comes up: “Playback prohibited by area limitations.” How do I get rid of that? Please help! (By the way, I’ve tried everything).

Re-rip the dvd with the ripper set to remove the region coding. Then re-burn the ripped image or files.

[QUOTE=Memorialmaker;2624280]I recently burned a video_ts to a blank DVD and when I tried to view the movie on my new Sony DVD player and this message comes up: “Playback prohibited by area limitations.” How do I get rid of that? Please help! (By the way, I’ve tried everything).[/QUOTE] under settings go to protection tab and then DVD and all boxes should be checked