DVDFab & Region+CSSFree....one and the same?

vbimport

Dear All,

Hi, I think I have seen someone asking this question, but I was
not able to find the answer. Greatful if you can help.

I have Region + CSS Free Version 5.9.8.5 and have been using it
for some years. Recently, I purchased DVDFab Premium.

My questions are -

1. Should I uninstall Region +CSS Free? Since DVDFab has
    Region Free available in itself.

2. Can DVDFab be use work automatically in the background
    like Regio+CSS Free? If yes, how can I do it. I was able to use
    Region +CSS Free in System Tray and able to copy moives using
    Easy Media Creator or Nero.

3. Is DVDfab able to assist me in watching regional coded DVD
    like Region+CSS Free in my PC?

4. Does DVDFab able to “protect” my DVD drive’s region counter
    like Region+CSS Free?

Really appreicate if anyone can help me.
Thank you

Sea Monster

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2026764]Dear All,

Hi, I think I have seen someone asking this question, but I was
not able to find the answer. Greatful if you can help.

I have Region + CSS Free Version 5.9.8.5 and have been using it
for some years. Recently, I purchased DVDFab Premium.

My questions are -

like Region+CSS Free?

Thank you

Sea Monster[/QUOTE]

There is one reply to all of your questions…

NO…

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2026764]
My questions are -

like Region+CSS Free?

Thank you

Sea Monster[/QUOTE]

1. Well it up to you if you want to uninstall it. They no longer update it. 2. No dvdfab cannot work in the background like region+cssfree. 3. No dvdfab cannot do that. 4. Yes dvdfab does do that it needs to be running when you insert dvd. Then you can make a backup copy with dvdfab. Also if you need a program so you can watch your movies on your PC you can get dvd43 it a free program. There is a more expensive program also that does what region+cssfree did called anydvd. hope this answers your questions

In order to watch movies on your computer you will need a player like VLC Media Player (it’s free) or else Power DVD also you can watch them on your windows media player also I don’t think you can use DVD-43 as that is used with another burning program

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2026965]In order to watch movies on your computer you will need a player like VLC Media Player (it’s free) or else Power DVD also you can watch them on your windows media player also I don’t think you can use DVD-43 as that is used with another burning program[/QUOTE]

DVD43 is a free dvd dcryption utility that runs in the background and decrypts dvds. Yes you need another program to burn with since it does not have one built in but to use it in order to watch a different region dvd than the region of your dvd drive it needs to be running in the background heres the link to website http://www.dvd43.com/. Jimbo you need to learn more about other dvd copy software or atleast google so you can read about them

So that’s what happened!!! I’ve been waiting ages for the
’online store to reopen’ at their website.

Forcing a switch to DVD43 v.4.2

[QUOTE=browncoat;2027749]So that’s what happened!!! I’ve been waiting ages for the
’online store to reopen’ at their website.

Forcing a switch to DVD43 v.4.2[/QUOTE]

actually dvd region+css free had dvd43 integrated into it. But now instead of updating dvd region+css free they are concentrating on dvdfab to make it a better program. So in fact they are not forcing you to switch to dvd43 since you already was using it.

I am not like the rest of you, I’ve never really been interested in copying DVDs. Just watching them without Power DVD.

I confess that for years (4) I’ve been using a cracked version of AnyDVD:cop: that came with a suite called DVD Rip Pack that I found at ***********.com (its been since removed or simply vanished since their search engine can’t find it again). The short of it was I had forgotten that I had previously hit the default settings button at a time I was also syncing the clock to the NIST time server while also running update for both winblows and AVG.
[the HTPC isn’t connected 24/7 to the ‘net] The bloody thing must have communicated with the Antigua server because when I finished with the other tasks I got a dialogue that my trial period was over :o!!!
No big deal since the HTPCs have nothing critical on their boot drives I usually just reformat…re-install but on this particular machine XP was running instead of 2000Pro. So Not wanting to bother with a re-activation I used EasyCleaner to uninstall the Rip Pack, clean the registry, dump unnecessary files and since 4.2 of DVD43 was on a stick, decided to give it a whirl:bigsmile:. It dovetails quite nicely with the MyHD/MDP-130’s ATSC tuner cards’ DVD function. As for the choice of skipping adverts and going to main menu, a button push of the MDP’s remote takes care of that. It is the MDP that kept me from jumping into the HD/Blue-Ray fray as it does a nice job of upscaling NTSC that I can see all the warts,scars, pimples,beard stubble,crows feet and bad paint jobs on the sets that one can take. In the meantime I can wait for BluRay to drop below 200 a player.

Though I am still interested in Fangtao’s products and may be a paying customer in the near future and encourage the fellow to keep it compatible with 2000. Until then I’ll keep lurking here to learn what DVDFab can or can’t do but perhaps forced was the wrong word, I kinda stumble on these things via searches and had previously d/l 43 while surfing with the ‘daily driver’ PC.

:slight_smile:
later…