DVDFab Record DVD to iPod

I have DVDFab 6.0.3.6 Beta. I want to recorde DVD to iPod. I did that ( DVD to Mobile) IN DVDFab and when I start the process, the little preview window in the left lower corner starts playing my recorded TV program on DVD and then I go into DVD to Mobile section to start my process.
When I’m done, I go through the transfer to iTunes and when I preview it in iTunes, the picture is good but the sound is S L O W and choppy.

Why?

thanks!

[QUOTE=amtrak;2409537]I have DVDFab 6.0.3.6 Beta. I want to recorde DVD to iPod. I did that ( DVD to Mobile) IN DVDFab and when I start the process, the little preview window in the left lower corner starts playing my recorded TV program on DVD and then I go into DVD to Mobile section to start my process.
When I’m done, I go through the transfer to iTunes and when I preview it in iTunes, the picture is good but the sound is S L O W and choppy.

Why?

thanks![/QUOTE]
Hi amtrak and welcome.
Not sure why your sound track became “[I]derailed[/I]”…:stuck_out_tongue:
(sorry, I couldn’t resist).

There have been intermittent A/V sync issues with some versions and with various members’ systems.

First off, try ripping the dvd to your hdd first…this will only add 5-10 minutes to the process.
Then try your iPod conversion.

If the A/V sync problem persists…post your profile settings.
We can take a closer look and try to reproduce/resolve your problem.

Thanks Maineman!

Sorry, but how do I use the DVDFab program to rip to my hdd? I’m used to doing it to another DVD and to iPod format.

thanks again!

Hey again amtrak,

Just select a location on your hdd (your choice of location) as the [B]“Target”[/B] on a DVD to DVD mode
I’m at work right now and can’t provide a good screenshot, but take a look at the Fab guide below.

This is a shot of customize mode.
Simply select the hdd and not an ODD.

http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/DVDToDVDCustomize

Thanks for the information BUT it didn’t work… same thing, good video and S L O W and choppy sound.
Maybe I should go back to my DVDFab Platinum program…
If I do, how do I get a copy of it. I don’t have mine saved anymore.

thanks!

Newbee here! Post my profile settings??

[QUOTE=amtrak;2409764]
Maybe I should go back to my DVDFab Platinum program…
If I do, how do I get a copy of it. I don’t have mine saved anymore.

thanks![/QUOTE]
Which version of Platinum worked well for you?
Just drop me a pm (private message)…click on my user name, select private message…;)… and include your email.
I can send you any version you want.

I haven’t done any conversions with 6.0.3.6. Beta, so I can’t speak to any specific problems with it, but reverting to a version that was stable for you re: conversions, should provide a work-around for you until you’re sorted.

What movie is giving you trouble?

A screenshot like so:

I hope this helps. I have my Platinum edition file ( v5.2.5.0) and I tried that but to no success.
I have uploaded the latest/greatest v6.0.4.0 and no. I have recored a TV cable show onto a DVD that I want on my iPod…no movie.

thanks!

Conversion Settings.doc (99 KB)

Fab is not consistent in the way that it handles DVD_VR files, ie., TV recordings to a standalone recorder. The file structure is not compliant with typical DVD (video) file structure. ie., .IFO, .BUP and .VOB files.

It’s a hit or miss process.

It sounds like the video files are ok.
Try changing the framerate from 29.97 fps to 23.976 (this should be the latest default fps)…
and give it another shot