DVDFab read speed?

Hi, I’ve been using DVD Fab for two years or so with great success. About a few months ago I’ve noticed that when DVDFab reads a disc and copies it to disk, it only goes about 2X max.

When I use ImgBurn to burn to disc I have it set for 4X and it burns at that speed. I used to get 12X or so read speeds but no more. I did a DMI reset but that did not make any difference.

Any ideas? I’m using the latest non-beta version.

Thanks,
-IP

[B]It seems fast as ever to me:[/B] I get whatever I set the burn speed to, you better check your media and your settings in Imgburn, also check your IDE Mode (UDMA). I t could be your drive is just getting old if it worked well before.

[QUOTE=IrishPrince;2241585]Hi, I’ve been using DVD Fab for two years or so with great success. About a few months ago I’ve noticed that when DVDFab reads a disc and copies it to disk, it only goes about 2X max.

When I use ImgBurn to burn to disc I have it set for 4X and it burns at that speed. I used to get 12X or so read speeds but no more. I did a DMI reset but that did not make any difference.

Any ideas? I’m using the latest non-beta version.

Thanks,
-IP[/QUOTE]

Hi IrishPrince
I’m sure DMI was a typo but me being a jokester have to say don’t know what that is :bigsmile:
anyway if the the reset DMA didn’t work check the DMA status manually look at the bottom of my signature and you’ll see a link called “Checking DMA status & Rest if necessary” give that a shot.

BTW the burn speed of ImgBurn has nothing to do with read speed, but if this issue is really about the burn speed fo DVDFab and not the reading process then you can select ImgBurn as the burn engine within DVDFab’s common settings [B]->[/B]Write :wink:

[quote=alan1476;2241617][B]It seems fast as ever to me:[/B] I get whatever I set the burn speed to, you better check your media and your settings in Imgburn, also check your IDE Mode (UDMA). I t could be your drive is just getting old if it worked well before.[/quote]Thanks Alan. My issue is with read speed. As both of my drives (one read-only, one read/write) behave in pretty much the same way.

In the Read setting tab for DVDFab the I/O mode is set to “auto”. There are settings for ASPI and SPTI. Should I change it to one of them?

I also think that the primary “read only” drive might be getting old. So, I think I might spring for a replacement drive.

-IP

[quote=StormJumper;2241624]Hi IrishPrince
I’m sure DMI was a typo but me being a jokester have to say don’t know what that is :bigsmile:
anyway if the the reset DMA didn’t work check the DMA status manually look at the bottom of my signature and you’ll see a link called “Checking DMA status & Rest if necessary” give that a shot.

BTW the burn speed of ImgBurn has nothing to do with read speed, but if this issue is really about the burn speed fo DVDFab and not the reading process then you can select ImgBurn as the burn engine within DVDFab’s common settings [B]->[/B]Write ;)[/quote]Hi, I checked your tutorial and I find that I do not have a setting for “IDE ATA/ATAPAI controllers” under my Device Manager.

How can I get Windows to recognize that the controller needs to be reinstalled?

Thanks,
IP

[QUOTE=IrishPrince;2241880]Hi, I checked your tutorial and I find that I do not have a setting for “IDE ATA/ATAPAI controllers” under my Device Manager.

How can I get Windows to recognize that the controller needs to be reinstalled?

Thanks,
IP[/QUOTE]

:eek: that guide is not done by me, I only have the link to help others in case they have problems with DMA.
If you don’t have "IDE ATA/ATAPAI controllers"listed in device manager then your drive/drives must be SATA which DMA is set automatically unless the drive itself does not support DMA or it is turned off in BIOS.

I’ve ordered a new LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30. It’s cheep enough and I really think it’s just a case of my drive giving up the ghost. It’s about 2 1/2 years old and it’s gotten a lot of use.

I’ll post back and let you know how it goes.

-IP

You might also want to do a defrag on your HHD too. That will speed up the flow of info to and from the device. I have the LG 22x burner also, but its IDE instead. Mine isn’t the fastest reader in the world, approx 20 to 23 min to read a DVD. Depending on your system yours will vary from mine I’m sure. That and the fact yours is SATA also. ~ Mike