DVDFAB read speed?

I was wondering of anyone could help me with a dvdfab read speed problem, I’m using version 5.1.0.8 with a Asus DRW-2014L1T Memorex dvd+r media (not the best quality i know) with vista ultimate. When i try to backup any dvd’s it reads at too fast of a rate and i end up with coasters. i used a previous version dvdfab 5.0.9.0 and didn’t have this problem. is there a speed setting in vista for my drives that can be tweaked to slow it down or is this a bug in the new version of fab? i know i never changed any settings but also i’m not the only one that uses this computer, but the wife denies any changes anyway sooooo any help or info would be great.

When i try to backup any dvd’s it reads at too fast of a rate and i end up with coasters.

if you get reading errors during backup, either the backup will fail due to read errors or the written disc will have playback flaws. [completely unrelated to burning errors]

is there a speed setting in vista for my drives that can be tweaked to slow it down or is this a bug in the new version of fab?

you can set the burning speed in dvdfab to your liking.
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsWrite

i would recommend using 6x or 8x.

i doubt your wife did anything.

please download cd-dvd speed and do create disc, then post the results.

Thanks for the reply Troy512, I never got any read errors but problem is solved now after i replaced the drive with another identical one. The bad drive was oem and the second was retail so it was packed better for ups. Thanks for the offering of help though!!