DVDFab quits automatically before reading source disc

vbimport

I don’t know where I go wrong:sad:, all I did is:

1. Insert the source DVD into DVD drive.
  2. Open DVDFab Platinum 4.1.0.2.
  3. Choose the source folder.
  4. And then DVDFab quits immediately:eek: without any error message.

I tried several DVDs and none of them work, DVDFab keeps quitting before reading them. I copied those DVD into my hard drive, open DVDFab, choose the source folder and DVDFab quit immediately, too.

I used DVDFab Platinum 3 before and it worked great! I really don’t know why DVDFab 4 acts like this.:confused:

Yeah… I did “clean uninstall” and re-installed it many times:

1. Remove data in “Application” and “Prefetch” folders
  2. Remove folders in “Program Files” and “My documents”
  3. Use RegSeeker to clean my registry.
  4. Reboot.

My computer has McAfee Enterprise VirusScan 8.5i and it is well configured and updated. I scanned my pc for virus several times, and used Kaspersky online scan + spybot 1.5 to clean mailwares, but they find nothing but some “cookies”.

Could anyone help me? Thanks you very very much.:bow:

do you have external dvd drives?

No… My notebook is Compaq nx7400, it has an internal DVD+RW.

Where did you buy your program, was it from the DVD Fab Website?

Hi Alan,
I have the exact same problem, when I attempt to open a folder named “VIDEO TS”. Using 4102 purchased directly from your website. Please help, ths is drivng me crazy.

I had this happen this afternoon with Jaws. DVDFab tried to read Jaws, gave up and quit automatically.

I had to turn Pathplayer off to get DVDFab to read the disc.

Ian

[quote=Iangh;2020931]I had this happen this afternoon with Jaws. DVDFab tried to read Jaws, gave up and quit automatically.

I had to turn Pathplayer off to get DVDFab to read the disc.

Ian[/quote]

What is Pathplayer and how do I turn it off?

OK, sorry for the dumb question – I found it, turned it off, and that fixed it. But I would like to be able to use Pathplayer!

[QUOTE=organfreak;2021101]OK, sorry for the dumb question – I found it, turned it off, and that fixed it. But I would like to be able to use Pathplayer![/QUOTE]

PathPlayer is used if you want to use the Jump to feature and if the scanning of the disc is having trouble analyzing the disc structure,…
The problem with PathPlayer is that
when using PathPlayer it will also be kick in when DVDFab is having trouble reading the Disc due to Scratches, and PathPlayer will go into a loop trying to analyze the disc which it can’t because of the scratches so it stays in the loop cycle

PathPlayer is a great feature BUT has a big downside to it’s use, I myself keep it disabled at all times.
But hey that just me and MHO

[quote=StormJumper;2021120]The problem with PathPlayer is that
when using PathPlayer it will also be kick in when DVDFab is having trouble reading the Disc due to Scratches, and PathPlayer will go into a loop trying to analyze the disc which it can’t because of the scratches so it stays in the loop cycle
[/quote]

I’m not trying to read from a disc, rather a set of ripped VOB files. There’s nothing apparently wrong with the files, since I successfully burned them using Nero 6 instead.

I wanted to use Pathfider because it was going to be a double-set of DVDs, a very long movie ripped from my satellite DVR.

[quote=organfreak;2021134]I’m not trying to read from a disc, rather a set of ripped VOB files. There’s nothing apparently wrong with the files, since I successfully burned them using Nero 6 instead.

I wanted to use Pathfider because it was going to be a double-set of DVDs, a very long movie ripped from my satellite DVR.[/quote]
What is the extention of the files? Are they .vob files for sure? Where were they ripped from, it is not uncommon for ripped files to have a problem.

[QUOTE=organfreak;2021134]I’m not trying to read from a disc, rather a set of ripped VOB files. There’s nothing apparently wrong with the files, since I successfully burned them using Nero 6 instead.

I wanted to use Pathfider because it was going to be a double-set of DVDs, a very long movie ripped from my satellite DVR.[/QUOTE]

Oh I was just giving my two cents about PathPlayer :cool: , thats all

Thank you everyone!! Especially to Iangh, StormJumper, Troy512 and Alan1476.:flower:

DVDFab works prefectly as usual after I disabled PathPlayer. Let me find out why my PathPlayer doesn’t work and I will post the solution once I get it.

Sorry about my late response, my DSL modem is dead so I can go Internet only from my office.

Thanks again!:bow:

[QUOTE=HelloDVDFab;2021180]Thank you everyone!! Especially to Iangh, StormJumper, Troy512 and Alan1476.:flower:

DVDFab works prefectly as usual after I disabled PathPlayer. Let me find out why my PathPlayer doesn’t work and I will post the solution once I get it.

Sorry about my late response, my DSL modem is dead so I can go Internet only from my office.

Thanks again!:bow:[/QUOTE]

Glad we was able to help, and welcome to the forum

Just find a very interesting thing.

I opened my DVDFab 4.1.0.2, went to “Setup” -> “DVD” -> “PathPlayer”, and I found three options:

1. Disable PathPlayer
  2. Enable PathPlayer when necessary
  3. Always Enable PathPlayer

The default is 2, which causes DVD reading problems on my computer. However, both 1 and 3 work for me!

To organfreak:
I can manually turn PathPlayer on or off without any problem; I hope it can help in your case. Would you please give it a try? Thank you very much!:flower:

What I did is:

A. Use “WinAVI Video Convertor” to convert a short RMVB into DVD folders.
B. Opened DVDFab 4.1.0.2, turned PathPlayer on, and burned those DVD folders into an ISO file. ( I don’t have a blank DVD disc in my office, I will test it after work. )
C. It successfully created an ISO file.:slight_smile:

@HelloDVDFab
you should update to version 4.1.1.0 link is below
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-1-1-0-beta-out-241327/

Thank you so much boss! Fengtao’s update is sooooo fast!

I am still testing whether DVDFab 4.1.0.2 has confliction with my anti-virus software (Mcafee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i):confused:, but Fengtao has already solved this issue!:clap:

[QUOTE=HelloDVDFab;2021231]Thank you so much boss! Fengtao’s update is sooooo fast!

I am still testing whether DVDFab 4.1.0.2 has confliction with my anti-virus software (Mcafee VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i):confused:, but Fengtao has already solved this issue!:clap:[/QUOTE]

Glad the update works you and you like the improvements,…DVDFab has no conflicts with your Anti-virus program.
anyway glad we was able to get you up and burning again

1. Yes they really are VOB files (MPEG 2)
  2. They were ripped from my satellite DVR using a Pinnacle USB device, with the supllied software being DAZZLE DVC100.
  3. I burned them to DVD with no problem using Nero 6 (DVDFab Platinum was closed).
  4. Others in this thread have reported the same problem, so there is a problem.

Thanks.

I just started with DVDFab a week ago and I’m having a similar problem. I’m trying to convert from DVD (the disc itself) to ipod (mpeg4) and as soon as it gets started the DVD player stops (or DVDFab stops it) and I can’t convert. I tried all 3 Pathplayer positions. Please help!!!

Thanks,

Tom