DVDFab QT 8.0.8.9 Beta (April 29, 2011)

vbimport

DVDFab 8.0.8.9 Beta (Qt) is out
Dear all,

After several months of hard working, the brand new qt build of DVDFab is available now.

DVDFab 8.0.8.9 Beta (Qt):
http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB_QT

Why Qt?

1. We can have some advanced UI effects like skins and animations in future versions.
  2. We have moved an important step to the Mac version.

Please help us to try it if you like to do beta testing, thank you very much!

To report problem of this version, please start your own thread at specific sub-forum, with 8088Qt in prefix or title, thanks.

What’s New:

DVDFab 8.0.8.9 Beta (April 29, 2011)

New: Updated Qt language files.
New: Some minor changes and improvements.
Fix: Many problems in Qt build were fixed.

2D to 3D Converter:
New: Added brand new option “2D to 3D Converter”.
New: “2D to 3D Converter” works with “DVD Ripper”, “Blu-ray Ripper” and “Video Converter” to convert DVD/Blu-ray/video file into 3D video.
New: Sophisticated algorithms are used to do the 2D to 3D conversion for very high quality.
New: The 3D video output can be left/right (side-by-side) or top/bottom format, or two separate files, just like “Blu-ray 3D Ripper”.

Thanks Alan

Nice new option :cool: I guess Fengtao really wants DVDFab to be the “All-in-One” software :bigsmile:

Are all dvdfab updates QT now?

2D to 3D Converter

-3D is a fad?
-Why would i want to convert my normal movies to 3-D? Not every movie has to be in 3-D, good lord. Sighs
-If i would ever wanted a movie in 3-D, id buy it. So no need to convert.
-converted 2-D movies never look as good as movies made in 3-D(I.E. Clash Of The Titans)

Is the 2D to 3D Converter free for users who have the All in one option?

John

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2586449]Are all dvdfab updates QT now?

[U]2D to 3D Converter[/U]

-3D is a fad?
-Why would i want to convert my normal movies to 3-D? Not every movie has to be in 3-D, good lord. Sighs
-If i would ever wanted a movie in 3-D, id buy it. So no need to convert.
-converted 2-D movies never look as good as movies made in 3-D(I.E. Clash Of The Titans)[/QUOTE]

Even though all the qt builds are beta, I do not believe that there will be any more updates to the regular V 8.0.8.5, but I could be very wrong, just my opinion.

Thanks Alan

And those were my thoughts also.

:D[QUOTE=alan1476;2586457]Even though all the qt builds are beta, [B]I do not believe that there will be any more updates to the regular V 8.0.8.5, [/B]but I could be very wrong, just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

You are correct on that and Im still using v8085, just haven’t had a reason to update to the QT version

Yeah that^^^^ , thought I was the only one(or one of the few) not jumping on the QT version…
At least not whilst it’s in beta that is ;)…

You are correct on that and Im still using v8085, just haven’t had a reason to update to the QT version

Does it perform as good as the regular version i wonder?

Still using v8085 here too I see no need to install the QT version yet, not until 8085 gets
to where it can’t do its job any longer then I’ll have to update to the QT version I guess.

[QUOTE=getit29;2586473]Still using v8085 here too I see no need to install the QT version yet, not until 8085 gets
to where it can’t do its job any longer then I’ll have to update to the QT version I guess.[/QUOTE]

I did that with the regular version. I waited until new tough copy protections came out, then upgraded. If the old version is still working on 99% of the movies, why upgrade?

[QUOTE=Miroku44444;2586471]Does it perform as good as the regular version i wonder?[/QUOTE]

Yes AFAIK anyway and I checked it out when Fengtao first released it, however every time I opened the QT version the UI was always loaded partly(1/2) off screen and I had to move it before I could use it :doh: and this lastest QT release does the same so no QT for me at this time :slight_smile:

I am the first one to beta test every program I can get my hands on, but I really had problems with the QT builds of past. So I am still using V8.0.8.5 also, but I plan in the very near future to upgrade to it when it becomes a Final Version. :wink:

I haven’t used FAB for ages not even installed at the moment so I think I will just jump right into this latest beta and see what I can find to complain about.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2586482]I am the first one to beta test every program I can get my hands on, but I really had problems with the QT builds of past. So I am still using V8.0.8.5 also, [B]but I plan in the very near future to upgrade [/B]to it when it becomes a Final Version. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here but not this time :smiley:

[QUOTE=~KIPPER~;2586485]I haven’t used FAB for ages not even installed at the moment so I think I will just jump right into this latest beta and see what I can find to complain about.[/QUOTE]

I prefer to call it “Glitch reports” myself :bigsmile:

After my DVD drive is listed it says this in parenthesis. (Ide)]. Is that suppose to say Idle? I don’t have an IDE drive.

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2586584]After my DVD drive is listed it says this in parenthesis. (Ide)]. Is that suppose to say Idle? I don’t have an IDE drive.[/QUOTE]
What kind of drive do you have? Its either SATA or IDE, there are no other kinds except some get recognised as SCSI but thats a mistake.

SATA

[QUOTE=jsmiddleton4;2586584]After my DVD drive is listed it says this in parenthesis. (Ide)]. Is that suppose to say Idle? I don’t have an IDE drive.[/QUOTE]

It is nothing to worry about my Samsung SH-S203B drive is a SATA drive and it always
says ide. I believe it says that because I have it connected to one of the mobo SATA
ports and I have them running in legacy ide mode instead of AHCI. :iagree:

Now my Liteon drives are all hooked to Sil add in cards and they all show up as SCSI
drives but they are all SATA drives so I wouldn’t worry and loose any sleep over it just
because the drive is showing up as ide. :disagree: