DVDFab PSP questions

Hello,

I’m new to this program and the whole burning thing but so far I’m pretty impressed by this software.

I was hoping someone could give me some assistance with a couple…ok 3 items.

First I was hoping to get a general description of what the differences/benefits are between the 4 profiles in the PSP section

a)mp4.mpeg4.aac.dvdfabFor2.8firmware
b)mp4.mpeg4.aac.dvdfab
c)mp4.h264.aac.dvdfabFor2.8firmware
d)mp4.h264.aac.dvdfab

Why would someone choose one over the other and is one better than another?

Second I have tried the first two profiles and have been able to get both profiles to successfully run on my PSP, however I notice that the profile a) option does not create a thumbnail while the profile b) does. How would I create a thumbnail for the profile a) or should the program be doing this? Also if in fact I haven’t overlooked something and the profile a) doesn’t create a thumbnail I would suggest that this might be a good addition to a future revision of the program.

Lastly, as it stands right now I am using the Trail version but from what I see so far I’ll most likely purchase the full version. How will the program handle updates. Having navigated around the program I don’t see where there is a “check for latest update” section or somthing similar. Or will it be a matter of simply checking the site periodically for updates and downloading a new version manually. I guess in a nutshell my question is how will the Free Lifetime upgrading work?

I’d like to thank you in advance for your assistance and do apologize for the simplistic nature of the questions…usually I just read through a manual and I’m good to go.

Again…great program and thanks for the help!

Cheers

hi,

Thanks for using DVDFab and welcome to cdfreaks forum.

First I was hoping to get a general description of what the differences/benefits are between the 4 profiles in the PSP section

There are two main different between these profiles,

first.

mp4.mpeg4.*** and mp4.h264.**** use different video codec. Simply, h264 can get more better quality than mpeg4 when use the same bitrate or output the same file size. of course there are many different between them, you can get more information about different between mpeg4 and h264 from Internet. :wink:

second.

PSP firmware from 2.8 support user defined filename and can put video file in the PSPRoot\Video folder. if your PSP firmware < 2.8, you can use mp4.mpeg4.aac.dvdfab or mp4.h264.aac.dvdfab to generate the file with the regular file name and put them in to special folder in PSP. if your PSP firmware >= 2.8 you can use other two profile. of course you also can use the old profile.

you can more information from other post in this forum.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=196948

Second I have tried the first two profiles and have been able to get both profiles to successfully run on my PSP, however I notice that the profile a) option does not create a thumbnail while the profile b) does. How would I create a thumbnail for the profile a) or should the program be doing this? Also if in fact I haven’t overlooked something and the profile a) doesn’t create a thumbnail I would suggest that this might be a good addition to a future revision of the program.

if you create video file by use profile ***.dvdfabFor2.8firmware and put these files in PSPRoot\Video folder, the thumbnail is not supported by PSP, so DVDFab not create the thumbnail. :wink:

How will the program handle updates. Having navigated around the program I don’t see where there is a “check for latest update” section or somthing similar. Or will it be a matter of simply checking the site periodically for updates and downloading a new version manually. I guess in a nutshell my question is how will the Free Lifetime upgrading work?

if you select the “Check for new version automatically” option in “common Preference” \ “General” window, DVDFab will check the new version automatically and notify you.

We provide Free Lifetime update for DVDFab.

If there are more other questions, please tell us.

Thanks

Ting,

Thanks for the quick response. I will certainly do a little more research regarding the two formats.

With regards to firmware I’m currently at version 3.03 so I guess I can use any of the profiles in the list. I’ve been able to customize my own thumbnails so the non ***.dvdfabFor2.8firmware options seem to be the way to go if the others wont support thumbnails.

Anyway thanks again for the info and keep up the great work.

Cheers

Hi All, (newbie here),

I’ve just purchased a new PSP (the new PSP 3000 series) and have DVD Fab vs. 5100 installed on my computer.

I’ve also installed the latest version of firmware 5.01 on the PSP.

Can anyone suggest/recommend the best/optimal settings on DVD Fab for DVD movie conversion please?

I’m guessing that I should be using psp.h264.firmware3.30+…

All other settings recommendations would be greatly appreciated:)

Thanks,

Regards,
Sonic Convoy
Australia

hi,

as I know, PSP3000 looks not any change for video play, so you can select psp.h264.firmware3.30+ profile to the video conversion, and if you want output your video to TV, you can select psp.tvout profile, and using 720x480 resolution, I think which is no problem, please try it

Thanks.

Hello Ting,

Many thanks for responding to my query.

As I don’t have a cable (yet) to connect to my TV, I won’t be looking to transfer data/movies to it for viewing just yet.

I guess what I require is the best/optimal viewing resolution for simply viewing dvd movies on the psp itself.

And when you’ve got 12 choices (from 176x120 up to 720x480), I really don’t know which is “the best”.

For that matter, is Frame Resolution the guide to be aiming for or should I focusing on Bits/Pixels?

Finally, are there any changes in settings etc. that need to be tweaked when converting a 16:9 DVD vs. a 4:3 letterbox DVD?

Sincere thanks Ting:)

Sonic Convoy

hi,

For the resolution, you can select “480x272”, it is native resolution for PSP, or select “480x?”, which is change from your source aspect ratio.

You can check the bits/pixel param, which value more big, the video quality is more better, of cource you not need too high value in the screen like PSP, just about 0.2 or high is ok.

Please check crop button or “Advance Resolution settings” button, you can adjust it, it is very simple, I think you can understand it very quickly, and set it by yourself. :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Thanks Ting!!

Just one other question;

Should I have the Audio Bitrate at its highest (128) to get the best sound quality?

Best Regards,
Sonic Convoy

hi,

Should I have the Audio Bitrate at its highest (128) to get the best sound quality?

I think which decide by your favor, just try different setting, you will decide use which setting. :slight_smile:

thanks Ting, will play around with it a bit.

Sincere thanks for all your good advice:-)

Regards,
Sonic Convoy

…okay…more problems…:doh:

for some reason, any dvd i convert using dvd fab won’t go onto the psp.

I’ve tried every different type of profile available and nothing works at all:(

also tried uninstalling/reinstalling dvd fab many, many times…

Likewise, uninstalling/reinstalling PSP Media Manager 3.0 repeatedly seeing as its the program telling me that I can’t put the movie on the psp in the first place…

any help please anyone?..

Regards,
Sonic Convoy

hi,

what mean is “won’t go onto the psp” ?

it is cannot play in PSP or other problem ?
please make sure you have copy file into correct folder in PSP.

You really don’t need media manager at all, just copy the mp4 and thumbnail straight to the “VIDEO” folder on the memory stick and watch your movie.

it turnd out the problem is not with the psp or dvdfab, but with Media Manager. (thanks for the heads up 90312)

Media Manager throughs up errors with the movies i wish to transfer citing the system (psp) doesn’t support or play them (which isn’t the case).

So i’m simply dragging & dropping movie files onto the psp using windows.

thanks again for your help Ting & 90312:)

Regards,
Sonic Convoy

Can anyone provide [I][U]guaranteed[/U][/I] instructions to on how to get album art to display on music files on PSP please?

Have tried itunes & media monkey but can’t seem to get it right:a

I know the PSP 3000 is capable of doing this 'cause one album DOES show its album art for some reason. I just can’t seem to tweak the right formula:confused:

I’m sure this probably isn’t the right thread to ask this so just point me in the direction of the correct one…

thanks

Sonic Convoy