DVDFab Profile Editor 1.0.0.2 Beta is out

Dear all,

DVDFab Profile Editor 1.0.0.2 Beta is out (May 15, 2009):

http://www.dvdfab.com/download/DVDFabProfileEditor1002Beta.exe

If your device is not supported by DVDFab, you can create your own profile for your device now.

Please try it to see the result. Any question or feedback is welcome.

Best Regards,
DVDFab Team

Hi fengtao,
I had downloaded it three times and every time when i setup it tell me the source file is corrupted.

I just redownloaded and tired to install it again.the same error,who check it now?Thanks[QUOTE=dvdev;2275476]Hi fengtao,
I had downloaded it three times and every time when i setup it tell me the source file is corrupted.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dvdev;2275527]I just redownloaded and tired to install it again.the same error,who check it now?Thanks[/QUOTE]

I downloaded the profile editor and was able to install it and get it to run. I don’t know if it works correctly though.

I have downoaded Profile Editor 1.0.0.2 twice from the link and tested it on my two computers of my home, unfortunately get the same error, the setup file can’t work correctly at all, alway fail at the end of installing process. Could fengtao check it? and give us the answer. I need this tool to edit my dvdfab convertor xml files.

here is error snapshot:

No problem here, installed smooth and fast. Try disabling your anti-virus software during the install. XP SP3.

Installed great! Only problems I have is that it will not save my profile directly into the profile folder. it will only save it to my documents. Also no matter what profile i make the description always says its Xvid and MP3,(example I made an MKV profile which is MKV and H.264 with source audio, it still says it Xvid and MP3. Anyone have this issue? Thanks!

[QUOTE=stretch12;2310937]Installed great! Only problems I have is that it will not save my profile directly into the profile folder. it will only save it to my documents. Also no matter what profile i make the description always says its Xvid and MP3,(example I made an MKV profile which is MKV and H.264 with source audio, it still says it Xvid and MP3. Anyone have this issue? Thanks![/QUOTE]If you mean the profile descriptive text, you will need to change this also (it is not updated automatically by Profile Editor, but I think there is a place where you can enter it). You can also change it easily and quickly with Notepad, it is located in the first line of the profile. As to the save location, if you click the Save As button you can make it save anywhere.

To be quite honest, I never use it and most probaly never will.

I always edit my profiles in Notepad as this gives me far more flexibility and control.

Obviously, you need to have some knowledge of the parameters that you are editing but the documentation provided and all the existing profiles allow you to gain this.

Sorry being negative but I do regard this as a NON-PRODUCT!!!

I was doing it with notepad for a while, but some profiles done have a place for me to put resolutions. So I thought this would be great to use.

Just copy the “size” line from one that does and paste it into the one that doesn’t using Notepad.

[QUOTE=signals;2312043]Just copy the “size” line from one that does and paste it into the one that doesn’t using Notepad.[/QUOTE]

Like this

video
size list=“720x400,720x576,320x240” /

You need to put opening & closing greater than and less than symbols around each line

:flower:

Hi,
Are there any attempts being made to fully integrate the Profile Editor into DVD FAB?
It would certainly be a nice improvement!
Thanks,
Fred

Can somebody update the profile editor to set the defaults for the screen crop / resize / Letter Box to Pan Scan percent?

I would like to default the dvd 2 mobile to 640x480 with 100% PanScan in order to always remove the black bars under old CRT televisions

Thanks

I keep getting “Out of Memory” errors when ever I try to save a profile.

This is a very helpful tool for me, but it doesn’t seem to have all of the available codecs listed. For example, I can’t figure out how to get a profile that uses WMA10 sound and if I load up one of the existing profiles that uses WMA10, the editor switches it back to WMA9.

Something else I noticed is that I set a profile to use 320kbps WMA10 sound and when I play it in Windows Media Player, the player says it’s 256kbps.

Is there a list somewhere of the various codecs and options you can put in the XML for a profile?

Does not function in Windows 7 64 bit. No error message. Just does not start.

hi fengtao,
Now I can sure DVDFAB Profile Editor 1.0.0.2 Beta setup file is really corrupted. I download and try to install it on my office and home pc more than 10 times from Monday to today, everytime the setup file say it’s corrupted.

I need this tool, can you fix it?

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2311208]To be quite honest, I never use it and most probaly never will.

I always edit my profiles in Notepad as this gives me far more flexibility and control.

Obviously, you need to have some knowledge of the parameters that you are editing but the documentation provided and all the existing profiles allow you to gain this.

Sorry being negative but I do regard this as a NON-PRODUCT!!![/QUOTE]

You’re an a**hole dude. Who asked you if you were ever going to use it? Who asked you if you ever will? Nobody cares about you and your f*ckin notepad. Is that what you tell your date? “I’m really good at editing text”? Go get a girlfriend, make a friend, fly a kite but whatever you do just stfu about your notepad skills!