Dvdfab problems

vbimport

I have the trial version of dvdfab platinum. I have used it on 5 movies. But only 2 of these movies will play on my dvd player. All will play on my computer but 3 out of 5 will not play any place other than the computer…HELP!!!:a

Hello jaewest1, welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

What brand of discs are you using, and what’s the burn speed set to in DVDFab Platinum’s “Common Settings”?

I have been using memorex dvd +r and I have been using them with dvd shrink and they work perfectly. Im using the dvd drive on my laptop which is a gateway.The speed is set at the recomended setting. I think the problem is the region was removed when dvdfab dycrpted the disc. Im not positive though

The region code being removed shouldn’t pose a problem, I’ve burned hundreds of discs the same way. It just makes the discs region-free so you can play them on any region player.

With the latest version of DVDFab Platinum, it’s possible to set the burn speed exactly (for example, to 8x rather than just “recommended”), so I’d suggest setting it to 8x.

If that doesn’t work, a different brand of media may be in order - Memorex disc quality can vary since they use a variety of manufacturers, then just slap their name on the packaging/discs.

Maybe other members will pick up on something else :slight_smile:

But if the region thing doesnt matter why will the dvds play on the computer but not on my playstation 3 or my sony dvd player? They will play on my pc though…I dont get it. Would I be able to re-copy the ones that dont play and some how make them playable on dvd players?

Maybe your computer drive has better error correction capabilities than your PS3 or standalone player. That is, maybe it overlooks any errors on the disc whereas the others are getting stuck.

Saying that, I will ask - what exactly happens when you try to play the discs on your standalone player or PS3?

Honestly - the discs being region-free should have nothing to do with it, unless by some strange quirk your standalone and PS3 won’t play region-free discs :wink:

When I try 2 play them on the ps3 the just wont load at all.Nothing shows up as being in the ps3. On the standalone it says disk can not be read. I did copy There will be blood and it plays on both ps3 and standalone perfectly,but these others wont…Im confused. I am having some other issues with fab as well. Cant copy the movie Gone Baby Gone…just does the menu???

If you’re using single layer discs, and don’t want or need any of the extras, try DVDFab in “Main Movie” mode - that’ll copy just the movie with no extras or menu…might work a bit better.

Just on the offchance, do you have the latest version of DVDFab installed? Latest version is 4.1.2.0 I believe.

As for re-copying the ones that don’t work…if they play fine on the computer, re-copying them shouldn’t be a problem. However, if there’s problems with the discs that even the computer drive can’t read, then you’d have to copy again from the original discs. :slight_smile:

I think its the newest version…how can I check that? I like to copy the entire dvd though…so its possible that I could just re-copy these dvds and they may work. What are the best single layer dvds to use? Im going to try to re-do one of these and see if it works

Ah, OK. Verbatim are about the best you can get, so I’d recommend those :slight_smile:

As for checking which DVDFab version you have…go to Help (the ? button), click “About”, and you’ll find the version number there.

Yes it is 4.1.2.0 Im going to start getting the dvds you recomended. I havent re-done any yet but Im going to try 2 to do one right now so I’ll update after Im done.

Ok so re-copied one of the dvds and watched the first ten minutes and it seems 2 be working perceftly!!!:iagree: I guess it was the discs after all. Thanx 4 the help. I have a ? about pixelation…if there is a scene one a dvd that I have copied that has some pixelation in it would that scene still be that way if I re-copied that disc to another disc?

Yo-

Another happy camper who started to use quality media to get quality results - good advices Lin-eh!!

[QUOTE=jaewest1;2037745]Ok so re-copied one of the dvds and watched the first ten minutes and it seems 2 be working perceftly!!!:iagree: I guess it was the discs after all. Thanx 4 the help. I have a ? about pixelation…if there is a scene one a dvd that I have copied that has some pixelation in it would that scene still be that way if I re-copied that disc to another disc?[/QUOTE]

yes the pixelation will still be there if you copied the dvd that had the pixelation. Pixelation is due to bad blank media or too fast of a burn

[QUOTE=GJ;2037752]yes the pixelation will still be there if you copied the dvd that had the pixelation. Pixelation is due to bad blank media or too fast of a burn[/QUOTE]

Overclocking the CPU can also cause this issue.

What exactly is overclocking? See Im not new to burning media but Im not up on some of the terminology.

[QUOTE=jaewest1;2038303]What exactly is overclocking? See Im not new to burning media but Im not up on some of the terminology.[/QUOTE]

overclocking is to make your CPU faster without spending the money. You have a 1.89 ghz CPU and you overclock it to 3.0 ghz. This is good if you play a lot of games but I do not recomend it if you do not have the proper cooling for you computer. I do not over clock I have a 3.0ghz CPU and it works great. you can also google overclocking to find out more. Google is you friend

If one is not sure what they’re doing, they can toast a pc by attempting to overclock it.

Oh I see…well I mostly use the pc for school,dvds,and things like that. My gaming is pretty much just on my ps3 so I guess Im good on overclocking,but I will look into it just to see what all benefits it may have. Thanx for the info