DVDFab problem

vbimport

Have used dvdfab for past 4 years without any problems but recently ran into an issue when copying dvd to dvd there is a request to insert a blank dual layer dvd. As these blanks are nearly 6 times the cost of a dvd+r this is not an acceptable option. Can you advise if there is some way that I can continue to copy using the dvd+r?
Thank you

Welcome to the forums phillir.

We have a dedicated DVDFab forum, so I’m going to move your thread in there, where you should get more informed answers.

Check the quality box, center bottom of the first screen, and be sure it is set to DVD-5 and not DVD-9.

Thank you. I tried your suggestion but when I changed it to DVD5 it reverted straight back to DVD9.

What version are you using? Is it the free version? It won’t compress.

Thank you so much. You have answered my problem, I do have the free download. I appreciate your help.

You are welcome. All is not lost, you do know you can rip the disk to the HDD and then use DVD Shrink ( a free download) to compress it to the more cost effective DVD5 size.

I’ve moved this thread to the main Movie Copy Software forum as you’re only permitted to discuss DVDFab and associated products in the DVDFab sub-forum.

You are however free to discuss alternative products in here.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=phillir;2483963]Have used dvdfab for past 4 years without any problems but recently ran into an issue when copying dvd to dvd there is a request to insert a blank dual layer dvd. As these blanks are nearly 6 times the cost of a dvd+r this is not an acceptable option. Can you advise if there is some way that I can continue to copy using the dvd+r?
Thank you[/QUOTE]
As was said bt the members above, you can use the free decrypter that FAB makes to make a DVD9 file, then put it though DVD Shrink to compress it and use Imgburn to burn it, and you have a great trio of free programs. The only drawback is that the free version of the hddecrypter from Fab is only updated for new movies about 30 days after the paid version is released.

Sorry guys, I knew I was stretching the rules quite a bit but was hoping under the circumstances I could be forgiven :o

[QUOTE=90312;2484176]Sorry guys, I knew I was stretching the rules quite a bit but was hoping under the circumstances I could be forgiven :o[/QUOTE]

No problem 90312.

The OP’s problem can’t be resolved with the free version of DVDFab HD Decrypter so I’m happy to move the thread here anyway.

[B]Wombler[/B]