DVDfab problem?

Is anyone else having the same problem I am having?When I place certain dvd’s in my Sony DRU-720A, dvd-rw, it does not find the source dvd.It works fine with some other dvd’s,just not some newer ones.My dvd is present and working in windows explorer,and works fine otherwise.I have tried DVDfab Platinum(trial version)and DVDfab decrypter.Neither one will find the source DVD.Any help is appreciated.

Hi TFM53 and welcome to the forum. First of all, we are going to need a lot more info from you about your system, what version of Fab you are using, what movie you are trying to back up. The more info you can give us the better an educated guess we can give. Personally I haven’t seen that problem since Saw 3. Also, have you tried using a different mode to see if that would work? Main Movie, or Customize ? Give that a shot and see if it makes a difference ok. ~ Mike

Am using latest version of DVDfab,just downloaded again today.The movie I’m trying to backup is Shrek the Third.I did a total clean uninstall and reinstall from a fresh download,to no avail.It is the same reaction for DVDfab Decrypter.

I had no problems using FAB Plat. on this movie and here are the setting that I used to burn it, you might want to try these, good luck

[B]My DVDFAB Platinum Settings Which Work Great For Me[/B]

[B]Read[/B]
[B]I/O Mode: Auto[/B]
[B]Check: Ask Retry/Ignore/Abort When Reading Error[/B]
[B]Retry: 5 Times[/B]
[B]Skip Sectors After Reading Error: 32[/B]
[B]Cache Control: Check Enable Read Ahead[/B]
[B][/B]
[B]Write[/B]
[B]Write: Burning Engine VSO[/B]
[B]Write Speed: 4X or 8X ( I use Verbatim 16X +R media writing at 8X or 12X)[/B]
[B]DVD Writeable Media: DVD-5 Size 4472 ( less compression )[/B]
[B]Write Type: SAO[/B]
[B]Check Booktype To DVD-ROM ( only for DVD+R/RW Media )[/B]
[B][/B]
[B]Protection[/B]
[B]Check Everything[/B]
[B][/B]
[B]Path Player[/B]
[B]Enable Path Player when necessary[/B]
[B][/B]
;);):wink:

Hi TFM53,

If you can see VIDEO_TS folder and IFO/VOB files in Explorer window, DVDFab can read it too.

Best Regards,
Fengtao