DvdFab Prob

vbimport

I posted a similar problem in the past, but received no solutions, I just want to know if any one else is having this problem, on several burns with Fab lately I am getting an “Open” reading as opposed to “Closed” when I do a DQ scan . Any one else?I think it started with Fab 4.1.2.0.

I have had one DVD9 that did not finalize properly with 5.0.0.0 (open track). This was a problem in an earlier version of the VSO burning engine, but I did not have it with v4.1.2.0. Not sure if VSO was updated with v5 or not. LG drive, Verbatim Singapore MKM-003 media, and no indication in the burn log that anything was wrong.

[QUOTE=signals;2044395]I have had one DVD9 that did not finalize properly with 5.0.0.0 (open track). This was a problem in an earlier version of the VSO burning engine, but I did not have it with v4.1.2.0. Not sure if VSO was updated with v5 or not. LG drive, Verbatim Singapore MKM-003 media, and no indication in the burn log that anything was wrong.[/QUOTE]

I just got another, also no indication in the burn log. I’m using TYG03 disk’s that work great with other program, i.e. DVD95 Copy, R4me, .

My experience has been about the same as my good friend signals…
probably 2 failures to finalize (using v.3xxx and 4.xxx) and that’s it.
Nothing particularly remarkable about the movies/discs except they failed to close.
I just threw 'em back in a burner and fired them up again. They closed without an issue.

On one, I recall burning it again…used a blank from the same spindle (had to be TY or Verb) and it finalized as it should. I just chalked the whole thing up to a fluke.

[QUOTE=maineman;2044416]My experience has been about the same as my good friend signals…
probably 2 failures to finalize (using v.3xxx and 4.xxx) and that’s it.
Nothing particularly remarkable about the movies/discs except they failed to close.
I just threw 'em back in a burner and fired them up again. They closed without an issue.

On one, I recall burning it again…used a blank from the same spindle (had to be TY or Verb) and it finalized as it should. I just chalked the whole thing up to a fluke.[/QUOTE]
Mainman,
First off, I didn’t know you could reburn an “open” disk. At any rate this isn’t
a rare thing with mine it’s happened in like 2 in 5 burns. I have all the settings on Fab as per the tutorial. That’s why I was wondering if this is happening to a lot of other’s, if not what can it be?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2044428]First off, I didn’t know you could reburn an “open” disk. [/QUOTE]
Sorry for the confusion and you’re correct, you can’t reburn an open disc, but that’s not what I was saying.
Maybe this will help.

An “open” disc refers to a disc that has not been finalized or closed, an example is a multi-session disc (remaining open for additional data) or one that was not finalized…unintentionally. Closing or finalizing a disc ensures that the disc can be played on a dvd player. Your burner will play open discs or multi-session discs (not finalized), no problem and your player, probably will not.

If a disc fails to finalize in Fab or you’re doing a project with…let’s say nero and you forget to finalize the disc…all is not lost.

As long as we’re talking about Fab, try this:
(it looks complicated, but it’s really simple and only takes seconds)
Place one of the burned, but open discs in your burner…

DVDFab: Finalize a disc

Right click on the Fab Icon >
Left click Properties >
Left click Find Target >
Left click PcSetup.exe >
Left click on the + in front of Patin-Couffin driver >
Now left click once to select your burner >
Right click on the selected burner >
Navigate to the bottom of the dropdown to Finalize the media

Please post a burn log anyway.
Since you’re using -R media, please change[B] Write Type [/B](Common Settings > Write) to [B]SAO[/B]…assuming you are using packet writing.

Let us know…:wink: