DVDFab Premium Under Vista Doesn't See DVD

vbimport

Hi,

I’ve been using DVDFab HD Decrypter for a long time now on a Windows XP system. I updated to v4.1.2.0 almost as soon as it was available and have had no problems with it.

I just got a new computer running Vista Ultimate 32-bit. I thought this would be the perfect time to buy DVDFab Premium since it does everything I usually do with multiple programs. So I downloaded the trial for DVDFab Premium v4.1.2.0.

Installation seemed to complete without a problem and the program starts up just fine. But it doesn’t recognize the DVD. It just sits there. I’ve tried taking out the DVD and putting it back in and running the program both before and after the DVD is loaded - but still nothing.

I was hoping to buy DVDFab Premium by today to beat the price increase but I can’t do that if I can’t get it to work.

I would appreciate any suggestions or better yet - a solution. And of course it would be great to be able to get it up and running today so I can save a few bucks.

Thanx

DVDFab runs fine for many users on Vista 32 and 64. I’m not sure what the problem is here, but I strongly urge you not to let this interfere with a Platinum purchase before May 8th, when pricing and possibly licensing terms may change. Your fellow users will help with the problem.

You could try right clicking the Dvd Fab icon, and select run in compatability mode. Make sure you’re logged on as administrator.

Agree with Signals…it would be in your interest to NOT let this deter you from purchasing today before the price increase tomorrow!

I’m running the program on a Vista PC. No such problems here. If you insert the DVD, are you then able to see the DVD in Windows Explorer? Is it just this DVD, that creates problem? Try with another DVD and see if that one works.

The DVD is perfectly recognized by Windows. I see it in Windows Explorer and I can even play it with Windows Media Player.

Thanx

Have you tried with another DVD in DVDFab?

Just to be clear, when you say DVDFab do you mean DVDFab Premium or DVDFab HD Decrypter? Or is that just a general term for either? (Sorry to be picky, but I just want to make sure we’re talking about the same thing.)

I have not yet tested another DVD. I will do that today after I replace the sound card in the system which I am expecting delivery of momentarily.

I’ve also thought that I will load the trial of DVDFab Premium on my old XP system to see how that works. I’ll probably also uninstall and reintall it on the new system just in case something went wrong with the installation.

And I’m also seriously considering the advice to purchase the program today so as not to miss out on the lower price and generous licensing. That does mean that I would be depending on you folks to help me get it working. I’ve only just arrived at this forum today so I am hoping the community here is a good one.

Thanx

Sorry, I’ve never heard of your version DVDFab Premium. The only versions I know of are Gold and Platinum.

<sound of hand slapping head>
You are of course quite right. I mean DVDFab Platinum - not Premium. Sorry for the confusion.

It’s a very good idea to install the program and run the problematic DVD in that system also. It should realy rule out any ‘installation’ problems.

I had already copied this particular DVD on the old system using DVDFab HD Decrypter v4.1.2.0. I’m reasonably sure the DVD is good (remember it also played without a problem in Windows Media Player on the new PC) but I will try it out again when I get a chance to install DVDFab Platinum on the old system.

It may be a little while before I can do that though because I’m having some sound difficulties with the new PC and it looks like I’m going to have to work on this problem before I can turn my attention back to this issue.

Thanx

You might have to enable the PathPlayer option in the settings. I’m not sure if this setting is enabled by default.

The default setting is to use PathPlayer if needed. I tried it that way and also with it disabled. Same result either way.

I’m now back on my old PC (the new one has a problem and has to be sent back <grrr>) and will try the Platinum version just to satisfy myself that it works for me like DVDFab HD Decrypter does.

It will be a little while before I can try it out again on the new machine. Hopefully there won’t be a problem then.

Thanx for your help.

The default for PathPlayer is “Always Enable” (for recent releases).

i too have had this problem on and off,i close dvdfab then open it again with both discs in the drives and that works for me. pathplayer is also turned on

Hey Benny,

I just had this problem. Exactly like yours. My answer was to close DVDFab, right click on the icon in the quicklaunch, select “Run as Administrator” and VOILA!, it’s decoding now.

Since my media center has to run pretty much 100% with the remote, I setup the media center user to have no password so therefore, I restricted a lot of its accesses. But this did it.

Try that.

Mike

[QUOTE=valgrom;2248212]Hey Benny,

I just had this problem. Exactly like yours. My answer was to close DVDFab,[B] right click on the icon in the quicklaunch, select “Run as Administrator”[/B] and VOILA!, it’s decoding now.

Since my media center has to run pretty much 100% with the remote, I setup the media center user to have no password so therefore, I restricted a lot of its accesses. But this did it.

Try that.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Yo Mike
If you have to start DVDFab as you stated above in bold you can right click on the DVDFab icon on the desktop and select “Properties” and with the properties open click on the compatibility tab and at the very bottom under “Privilage Level” put a check mark next to “Run this program as an administrator” :wink:

Have a nice day :flower: