DVDfab Platnium error=105 DVD+R Issues?

vbimport

I hope this is the right forum for this question but I have had DVDfab Platnium for a 2 months and it always worked fine until recently I have had problems. I keep getting error 105 after copying to the hard drive and then when I try to burn it to CD it’s as if the burner won’t read the DVD+R?. For some reason the program isn’t recognizing the DVD+Rs? I have been using Dynex (which seem to work more often then the newley purchased Memorex DVD+Rs). The DVD burner reads dvds fine and even records data fine but for some reason DVDfab isn’t jiving anymore when I go to burn the DVDs? Sometimes it works if I click like crazy when it asks to insert the recordable media and sometimes it will burn but then the memorex dvd+rs just won’t work? Any ideas would be helpful?? I have a TSST corp CD/DVDW TS-H653L burner in an HP Pavilion and the computer is less than two months old? Windows XP. Why would data DVD+Rs work but not the DVD+R within DVDFab??? Anything I can do? Are there settings I can change? I’m new to the DVD burning world.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

:confused:

In DVDFAB Plat go to settings and click on Write and check set booktype to DVD-ROM ( this is for +R disks) also there is a DVDFAB forum here on CD Freaks that has great help in that forum
Jim

Thriftwhore here are the error codes for DVDFAB Error codes for copying:

100 DVD_Error_OpenFile,
101 DVD_Error_CreateFile,
102 DVD_Error_ReadFile,
103 DVD_Error_WriteFile,
104 DVD_Error_FileScambled,
105 DVD_Error_UnexpectedPacket,

200 DVD_Error_IFOFileType,
201 DVD_Error_CopyIFOFile,
202 DVD_Error_WriteIFOFile,
203 DVD_Error_NoValidIFOFileFound,
204 DVD_Error_IFOFileMissing,
205 DVD_Error_NoLayerBreakFound,
206 DVD_Error_VOBFileDoesntMatchSectorSize,
207 DVD_Error_VOBFileMissing,

300 DVD_Error_OpenCGPFile,
301 DVD_Error_WriteCGPFile,
302 DVD_Error_InvalidCGPFile,
303 DVD_Error_OldCGPFile,

400 DVD_Error_TrancoderError,
401 DVD_Error_QualityUnreachable,

500 DVD_Error_CreateISO
Also you might try SAO instead of packet writing, good luck
Jim

Jimbo,

Thanks for the help. It has been working better with the Dynex discs but still seems to dislike the memorex discs? When I am offered DVD 100% should I ever try that or will that not fit on a a regular DVD? Also, any suggestions for good DVD media would be great. Thanks!

I will try the SAO as well.

I think that Verbatium and TY are the best disk out there memorex are sorta low quality disks, also there is an excellant DVDFAB / Region Free css forum on here which has outstanging people to help if you have any problems with DVDFAB so pop in and say howdy also here are some setting you can try wich works flawlessly

Write Speed…4x or 8x
Write Type of DVD-R Media…SAO Writing
DVD Writable Media (DVD-5) Size…4464 (use customize in drop down )
Set Booktype to DVD-ROM…(put a check in the small box)
If you use DVD-5 which is SL yes you can put a full movie on it as it will shrink down the movie to fit
Jim

An update for DVDFAB users: We are really glad to announce the important update for DVDFab products: DVDFab HD Decrypter, which supports copying HD-DVD, as well as normal DVDs. Blu-ray support will be added soon.