DVDFab Platinum won't open

vbimport

I have been using DVDFab Platinum for several years now with no problem.
I update new versions as they become available.
Today in attempting to decrypt a DVD, Fab wouldn’t open. I rebooted my computer. Still no luck. I tried updating versions. Still no go.

Things I have changed in my PC since last using DVDFab. I upgraded Office 2003 to version 2007. I burnt a data CD using Microsoft CD Wizard.

I have spent hours trying to sort this out including googling. A cdfreaks forum link mentioned something about a cd burning program that is incompatable with DVDFab. Maybe I inadvertantly activated something that conflicts with Fab when I burnt my data cd. If so I don’t know how to fix it.

Any ideas please? I am stumped.

Regards

Graham

If the program will not open maybe some how a file got corrupted, try doing a clean uninstall using one of the guides below in my signature.
and let us know if it worked or not and we can go from there

Thanks for the response StormJumper. Problem now fixed.

For anyone else reading this, the key to fixing this was following ALL StormJumpers steps to his link; Guide: Clean uninstall of DVDFab Platinum/Gold.

I initially followed his guide up to Only do this step if you know what you are doing etc. Being a computer noob I stopped right there. In fact I didn’t read the rest of the guide. After unintall, I reinstalled, opened DVDFab, entered my key, closed DVDFab and tried to reopen. Frustration. It would’t re-open. I re-read StormJumpers guide and noticed I had missed two steps right at the bottom. ie “Do a Registry clean up REGSEEKER or whatever you use, then Defrag your whole system.” I thought Oh Well. Try again. So I uninstalled again(using “The Guide”). I use part of CrapCleaner as my registry cleaner, but I thought what the hell. If you follow a guide follow it wholly. I skeptically downloaded REGSEEKER and ran it. I was amazed at how much more it deleted compared to the registry cleaner in CrapCleaner. However I was still skeptical my problem would be fixed. I use Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2 and it works in the background (when it can) all the time. So it didn’t take long. I re-installed DVDFab Platinum and “bugger me dead” it now works.

Thanks StormJumper. Not only have you fixed my problem, but now I also have a far superior Registry Cleaner.

Regards

Graham

[QUOTE=DeadFan;2118947]Thanks for the response StormJumper. Problem now fixed.

For anyone else reading this, the key to fixing this was following ALL StormJumpers steps to his link; Guide: Clean uninstall of DVDFab Platinum/Gold.

I initially followed his guide up to Only do this step if you know what you are doing etc. Being a computer noob I stopped right there. In fact I didn’t read the rest of the guide. After unintall, I reinstalled, opened DVDFab, entered my key, closed DVDFab and tried to reopen. Frustration. It would’t re-open. I re-read StormJumpers guide and noticed I had missed two steps right at the bottom. ie “Do a Registry clean up REGSEEKER or whatever you use, then Defrag your whole system.” I thought Oh Well. Try again. So I uninstalled again(using “The Guide”). I use part of CrapCleaner as my registry cleaner, but I thought what the hell. If you follow a guide follow it wholly. I skeptically downloaded REGSEEKER and ran it. I was amazed at how much more it deleted compared to the registry cleaner in CrapCleaner. However I was still skeptical my problem would be fixed. I use Ashampoo Magical Defrag 2 and it works in the background (when it can) all the time. So it didn’t take long. I re-installed DVDFab Platinum and “bugger me dead” it now works.

Thanks StormJumper. Not only have you fixed my problem, but now I also have a far superior Registry Cleaner.

Regards

Graham[/QUOTE]

Hello again Graham
Glad the guide was of help to you my friend :clap:
I have learned that if all else fails a good house cleaning does wonders :bigsmile:

BTW welcome to the DVDFab sub-forum here at CD Freaks
Have a nice weekend :flower: