DVDFab Platinum will not create ISO's

vbimport

I backup my DVD movies to a Multimedia player and it requires that they are ISO’s. I have’nt done one for awhile now but came to do The Dark Knight with 5209.

As DVDFab reached the end of Task 1/2 it just closes. No crash reports or error messages nothing. I have now tried 5208 and 5210 and they all do the same thing.
I thought maybe it was Dark Knight as I have read there are problems so got some others and no ways. The same thing - FAB just closes.

Went back to 5122 and this works fine. I have done a clean removal and reinstallation but there is no way DVDFab 5208, 5209 or 5210 will do ISO files.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP 3. I am also in region 2 PAL but I’m sure this has nothing to with it. Version 5122 works perfectly.

Anyone having the same problems???:a:a

I keep getting this

15:12:36: Copy process completed successfully
15:12:37: Create ISO process started
15:12:44: Task_2 failed! Error=500

I get the crash when VSO is the selected burning engine. If you select ImgBurn it works fine. It did allow me to send the crash report.

[QUOTE=signals;2175378]I get the crash when VSO is the selected burning engine. If you select ImgBurn it works fine. It did allow me to send the crash report.[/QUOTE]

I was just trying to create an ISO file. Never even got to a burn stage as I had no intention of burning it to disc.

Hi Signals - good to hear from you again. Hope you are well.

VSO was my setting as well but will check what happens with ImageBurn.

Thanks for the help Guys, at least I know it is not my system.

Hi StirlingMac,

Thanks for your report.

Please re-download DVDFab 5.2.1.0 Beta to see the result.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Hi Fengtao

Thanks for the quick response, I have re-downloaded but unfortunately there is NO change. ISO’s can still not be created.

I tried saving to HDD first and then creating an ISO file from that - but DVDfab just gives the error report now.

Hope you can fix soon.

Hi,

Are you sure your re-downloaded and re-installed?

Please try to clear cache of browswer before dowloading, uninstall DVDFab then install again to see the result.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Hi Fengtao

I cleared my browser cache/history totally, deleted my previous download of 5.2.1.0, did a clean uninstall of previous version of DVDFab, rebooted after registry clean and then reloaded new download of 5210. Exactly the same results. Fab closes and gives me the error report form to complete.

As Signals mentioned, I also tried with ImgBurn selected as burn engine in version 5210, and it works with this - but definately NOTwith VSO selected. Also crash with Nero (8) selected.

Reloaded 5122 and everything is perfect.

Thanks for your effort and time with this:bow:

Hi StirlingMac,

Please send the crash report, and mention your name in comment. I will check it.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[quote=StirlingMac;2175423]Hi Signals - good to hear from you again. Hope you are well.
[/quote]Hi SMac, same here! Very busy with work but fine. Don’t be a stranger!

Is anyone else having this problem??? I have’nt been able to resolve this yet and would like to know if its me or the program.

There was a problem I thought in an earlier version writing ISOs. I thought it was OK in 5.2.1.0. I don’t do this very often so I haven’t tried it since it came out. When you send the crash report put StirlingMac and a link to this thread in the bottom box so Fengtao can see where it came from and get back to you easily. Sorry you’re having trouble.

Hi Signals - thanks for the info and advice. Will do as recommended.

By the way , do you have a problem opening Profile editor with version 5210. I wanted to check something before I did some audio capture to WAV and when i Tried to open it, Windows had a problem and wanted to send a report.

I cannot open it all now. Went back to 5122 and it works perfectly. 5210 is not a good version for me.

Once again greetings from South Africa.

I have now checked out which versions of DVDFab work creating ISO’s with VSO burn engine selected. Up to and including 5.2.0.5 work, from 5.2.0.8 do NOT work.

Also the problem with Profile editor not opening happens from 5.2.0.0.

Fengtao

Thank you, I have checked with version 5.2.1.2 and the ISO problem is fixed.:clap::clap:

Excellent support

Hi StirlingMac,

You are welcome :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[quote=StirlingMac;2177535]Hi Signals - thanks for the info and advice. Will do as recommended.

By the way , do you have a problem opening Profile editor with version 5210. I wanted to check something before I did some audio capture to WAV and when i Tried to open it, Windows had a problem and wanted to send a report.

I cannot open it all now. Went back to 5122 and it works perfectly. 5210 is not a good version for me.

Once again greetings from South Africa.[/quote]Always good to hear from you. The problem with Profile Editor is the FLV profile. You can use windows to change the name of it and it will stop the crashing. Ting is working on an update that will fix this and probably add some new features.

The support just doesn’t get any better than this, does it?

I have the commercial version DVDFab Platinum 5.2.2.2, and I can not create ISO file with this version. Reinstalled, cleaned, no solution. The ISO creation process fails at 100% with message Tak_1 failed! Error=400()
I tried DVD disks, directories… no success. WhaT to do?