DvdFab Platinum..which version to use?

hi,
i am currently having dvdfab platinum 5.2.3.0.
I want to upgrade the software so that i can backup movies like bedtime stories,doubt etc.
so which version shud i opt for as i am not having a BD drive or player & am not very much interested in the Blu ray option presently.
Please also advice on the stability of the different versions as i am quite satisfied with the version i am having but unfortunately it cannot back-up the newer DVDs like doubt,bedtime stories.

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2271139]hi,
I want to upgrade the software so that i can backup movies like bedtime stories,doubt etc.
so which version shud i opt for as i am not having a BD drive or player & am not very much interested in the Blu ray option presently.
Please also advice on the stability of the different versions as i am quite satisfied with the version i am having but unfortunately it cannot back-up the newer DVDs like doubt,bedtime stories.[/QUOTE]

You can install ver 6 it will install in it’s own folder so you will still be able to use ver 5, however you will have to request the ver 6 registration key

[QUOTE=rohiniro;2271139]hi,
Please also advice on the stability of the different versions as i am quite satisfied with the version i am having but unfortunately it cannot back-up the newer DVDs like doubt,bedtime stories.[/QUOTE]

In terms of stability, there’s nothing to choose from between the two. They both handle DVDs the same. The BETA part of 6.X.X.X is for the Blu-Ray portion of it.

You can stay with the 5.X.X.X for now if you like, but all future upgrades are going to be done for the v6.X.X.X, so you can update to that now, or later.

Please see StormJumpers comments, previous post.

OC

:slight_smile:

I would update the Version 5 to the last update also which was 5.2.5.0 which can be found at the top of this forum and that way you can have both versions until 6 becomes final then they start on ver 7 :slight_smile:

hi,
thanks a lot for your suggestions.
hv decided to upgrade it to 5.2.5.0 & also install version 6 separately.

thanks once again