DVDFab Platinum want pick up downloaded uTorrent movie from hard drive

vbimport

Hi there

I have downloaded a movie onto my hard drive by uTorrent.
I have tryed to burn it using DVDFab Platinum, but it want pick up downloaded uTorrent movie from hard drive. In fact it want pick up any movie at all but will copy them from DVDs ( The movies work in DVDSanta )
I have clicked onto the folder on the right hand side of the Source, made my way to the folder that I wish to burn and have clicked on it,
I am then taken back to the main page of DVDFab. When I click on the start button nothing happens. I have tryed this in both Full Disc and Write Data.
As I am new to this I need so help.

Thank you for your time and effort I do appreciate it

I suggest you do a google search for “dvdfab tutorial”. Read the tutorial, and it will show you how to use dvdfab…

In fact it want pick up any movie at all but will copy them from DVDs

dvdfab is for copy dvd movies

downloaded movies probably have dvd structure which dvdfab doesnt like. or you are trying to load an avi file?
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/

if you just want to burn the video_ts folder id try with imgburn in build mode.
http://www.imgburn.com/

[quote=kgtiger;2086671]Hi there

I have downloaded a movie onto my hard drive by uTorrent.
I have tryed to burn it using DVDFab Platinum, but it want pick up downloaded uTorrent movie from hard drive. In fact it want pick up any movie at all but will copy them from DVDs ( The movies work in DVDSanta )
I have clicked onto the folder on the right hand side of the Source, made my way to the folder that I wish to burn and have clicked on it,
I am then taken back to the main page of DVDFab. When I click on the start button nothing happens. I have tryed this in both Full Disc and Write Data.
As I am new to this I need so help.

Thank you for your time and effort I do appreciate it[/quote]
Here is a link to the Offical DVD Fab Guide
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/
Many others can be found in the DVD Fab forum right here at CDF. Hope this helps you.

If the movie you have is in .avi format, then you may like to try the free software DVDFlick - it will convert and burn your movie for you.

you can burn movies from your hard drive, click on- WRITE DATA. click folder icon, select file, select dvd burning drive, burn!
make sure your only the most current version of dvdfab before starting because you may be getting this problem because of a bug in a older version of dvdfab

Moved to DVD Fab forum.

µtorrent is a bittorent client.

I hesitate to say this as four mods have already contributed to this thread and correct me if I’m wrong but but is it not wrong that this thread should happily discussing processing of pirated movies downloaded via bittorrent?

[B]Wombler[/B]

Wombler,

I agree with you.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2087595]µtorrent is a bittorent client.

I hesitate to say this as four mods have already contributed to this thread and correct me if I’m wrong but but is it not wrong that this thread should happily discussing processing of pirated movies downloaded via bittorrent?

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

I’m sure that this thread is breaking some forum rule about talking about downloaded
movie(s) from the web because it does sound a lot like pirating to me also. :cop: :eek:

The Forum Rules:
We do not allow, nor condone any messages containing:
Language that is obscene, vulgar, sexually orientated, hateful, threatening or violate any laws;
Requesting for or posting of serial numbers, direct links to cracks or [B]any other information that violates copyright laws or any other laws protecting intellectual property; [/B]Requests for downloads of anything that is not freeware, shareware, trial versions or copyright-free material (hence, no ISOs, Warez or MP3s that are protected by copyright). Any references to such activities will also lead to deletion of the topic;
Offerings of products (tangible or intangible) and services that you do not have legal disposition over.

I also thought torrent discussion was banned here

but FWIW, any movie which is in .ISO or DVD-R (VIDEO_TS folder) format on your hard drive can be opened & processed in DVDfab, no problem.

FAb does not know / care how the files came to be on your hard drive & torrent download files are indistinguishable from rips made from your optical drive ( assuming you are not dumb enough to expect DVDfab to read them while they are still in .RAR or similar compressed packets ! )

you just need to read up on file formats & DVD structures - but don’t expect to get all that here as this is a DVDfab forum & it’s not a DVDFAb issue or bug.

Every now and then a thread like this pops up and mods help them. It perplexes me.

Add my voice to the concerns of others. What do we stand for here anyway? Surely not to assist people openly admitting piracy. Almsot everywhere on earth, it is illegal. Why allow discussion here?

And GregiBoy is especially right. Why have forum rules, if we are going to ignore them?

So, kgtiger. I’m going to help you get Fab working. [B]First, go buy the DVD. Then put it in your drive and open the program! Easy![/B]

Regards

Yup, the more you (especially people higher up in the ranks like moderators) help these people, the more chance there is of one of the evil companies taking CDFreaks offline.

I hate to inform you all that there are plenty of legal torrents. We tend to give the “[B]benefit of the doubt[/B]” to the OP in instances where are not absolutely sure. I hope I made my point clear.

If you want to take that risk, sure. I am glad the weight isn’t on my shoulders.

Now back to the thread!

[QUOTE=alan1476;2087794]I hate to inform you all that there are plenty of legal torrents. We tend to give the “[B]benefit of the doubt[/B]” to the OP in instances where are not absolutely sure. I hope I made my point clear.[/QUOTE]

Indeed. :iagree:

Should anything more definite either way come to light, the thread will be dealt with accordingly.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2087794]I hate to inform you all that there are plenty of legal torrents. We tend to give the “[B]benefit of the doubt[/B]” to the OP in instances where are not absolutely sure. I hope I made my point clear.[/QUOTE]
It’s just the OP has openly admitted it was a “movie”, not just some sort of video file, which might not be under copyright. That, to me at least, means there is little doubt.

Regards

Well fortunately the staff do not share your opinion, and you have been around enough to know it’s disrespectful to challenge moderating decisions; particularly so to talk over the Senior Moderators.

The case for this thread remaining open has been explained [I]ad nauseam[/I], and I strongly advise you and the others to refrain from further comment about the legality of this, and other threads. For the last time, just use the report bad post button, and then leave it.